WE ARE ALWAYS WATCHING.

• 1Angry
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
If there is any silver lining in this, it would be that more Texans realize that no, under the current R governance it’s not in fact a great state, it’s more like a pathetic grim third world country.
Ted Cruz is an epic tool and was elected because he is an epic tool and will likely be re-elected and continue to be an epic tool.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
I guess if I were a father of some means and had teens I would also fly them to Mexico. Grab the wife or sister or a responsible female adult as chaperone, hand them a credit card, tell them to "have more fun than I'm having", and then promptly return to the business at hand (which I hope in his case would be dealing with the emergency as best as he is capable of).
You can tell by the dead silence emanating from Cruz' press office that this is not what he had planned. Ted Cruz went to Mexico to get some R&R for himself and his family while his elecorate is freezing to death.

This might still be the line they'll put out as a damage control measure once he has hastily returned from his vacation spot, but them not doing it immediately means that this wasn't the original plan.

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Who doesn't have a p38 can opener on their key chain? Or a Swiss army knife with a can opener? Or a screwdriver? Multitools have them ;) Or doesn't know the trick of scraping the can bottom on a rough surface to abrade the metal away and open it? Or, gasp buy a manual opener from any dollar store...
In addition to a manual can opener, I literally have more than half a dozen Swiss Army knives lying around in my appartment.

An old one I've had since my childhood, one that had been left behind when I moved into this place, a Victorinox Trailmaster in my backpack, a super light Cadet in my pants pocket, another one that I keep as an emergency gift for surprise birthdays, a Cybertool 34 which I use to make repairs on my computer and a Signature Lite on my keychain, which has a very handy ballpoint pen. There were also several instances where I got the wrong model and changed my mind afterwards, so those are stored away in a drawer.

The funny thing is, I never intentionally collected them, they just naturally accumulated over the years.

And all of them - with the exception of the keychain knife - come with a can opener.

So the character from that story, who plays Rambo with his buddies at the weekends but doen't know how to open cans? If that guy is real, he's just in it for the guns and the idea of shooting bullets at brown people - the survival stuff is just a false front.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Broken water pipes in an apartment building in Dallas:

Next upcoming problem: water shortages, because many are keeping their tap now open all the time to stop the pipes from freezing.
Nearly 12 million Texans now face water disruptions. The state needs residents to stop dripping taps.

After enduring multiple days of freezing temperatures and Texans dripping faucets to prevent frozen pipes from bursting, cities across the state warned residents on Wednesday that water levels are dangerously low and may be unsafe to drink. They’re telling Texans to boil tap water for drinking, cooking, brushing their teeth and for making ice — as residents have been struggling to maintain power and heat while an unprecedented winter storm whips across the state. While activities such as showering and doing laundry are safe, cities under water boil notices are asking people to conserve water if at all possible.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The waiting line at one of the view burger driveins which is open. People are saying this: even if I am waiting 2 hours in my car, so what? At least it's warm, while at home I've got to freeze.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

ETA -- seems to have been removed. It was a screenshot of what purported to be a 2016 tweet by Cruz saying he'd believe in climate change "when Texas freezes over" but that now appears to have been a fake, since a Google search suggests people are looking for the original quote but no one can find it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Bartholomew Gallacher