WTF This is What I Was Concerned About

Madi Perth

SL Rez
Stalking and harassment are common issues for SL residents of ALL kinds, and always have been. And LL has always done only the most minimal amount to deal with this. The child avatar community is not unique in this regard. I know of some individuals who were even driven out of SL by their stalker and there wasn't any LL response.

Your concerns are valid, but in a much more general way. Stalking and harassment are easy in SL -- using tracking built right into the system -- and LL isn't going to come to our rescue. I wish they would do more, but it's obvious they're not going to, and taking it personally is futile.
Thank you but I do take it personally and I'm going to do something about it. LL seems to be embracing a new air of openness and there is a governance meeting tomorrow. I will be there and bring this issue to their attention. If they choose to ignore me, I'll be at the next meeting where I will again bring this issue to their attention. At some point they will address the issue or tell me to piss off.

Ether way I will get an answer :cool:

Last edited:

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes Good Luck. And to be clear, my earlier question was not asked in the vein of LL swooping in to beat the perp about the head and shoulders, but to give the Lindens information to consider. We can only expect LL to know what we share with them as it happens. Some of the comments are implying that we just shouldn't report harassment because the Lindens are not going to actively police it. But they're only going to research chat history, et cetera, on the day that fake anti-childplay reports are made, if the perp has existing harassment complaints in their file.

The old ratings system was a good tool to identify problem children because they tended to give loads more negative than positive ratings. An avatars received ratings were easily gamed and useless. But the given ratings said a lot about the person (sometimes people) behind the account.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
It seems level headed, realistic, and reasonable to me.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Madi Perth

SL Rez
There was a error on the calendar, there was no meeting Thursday. Several of us stood around chatting then Governance Linden showed and told us about the schedule issue. We were cool with it. It is not often that you get to just shoot the shit with a member of the Governance board but that is what we did. He is a nice guy. Then we rolled him for bears.

Me and My bear (gyazo.com)