The Sims 4: Get Famous Expansion Coming Nov. 16th

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I want to get the luxury and laundry packs because I would love a live in person to take care of the kitties, when my sim is trying to do other things too.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
The acting career in Get Famous is also an active one, like Get to Work, which is fun. You do hair & makeup and costumes (which often get hilariously messed up when you're just starting out), some tasks like practicing your acting or rehearsing scenes with co-stars, as well as social interactions, and then perform several scenes "on camera." There are also tasks to do at home beforehand that will give you a better chance of having a good performance.

Making your fans swoon is still the most hilarious part though.
Vintage Glamour Game Pack is worth it for the butler alone. It's the most fully fleshed NPC in the game.

I also love City Living -- it's such a different environment from the towns. Your sims can live in a luxurious penthouse or in a low-rent rat-infested apartment, which introduces some welcome grittiness to Sims 4, which are otherwise squeaky clean.

I was disappointed in Dining Out, however. It takes forever to get through a meal, and the program was buggy.

I had all sorts of plans for using the features of Get Together... and still haven't done anything with it. I'm not good at social activities for my sims. They always end up as loners, because I get impatient with crowds and go off hunting collectibles or finding the nearest fishing hole. That's one reason I like Outdoor Retreat -- I can just go off and fish, although it's another feature I haven't used as much as I expected.

I can't say I've regretted any of the extras, except maybe Dining Out. If nothing else, just getting more textures, furniture and fashion items is worth it (for me).
Ok, thank you very much! Hmm...I think I will go with City Living for sure. I do think apt living will really change things up quite a bit. That is a very good point about grittiness. It's been awhile since I've had a down-and-out sim. 'll skip Dining Out and will consider Get Famous down the road. I didn't even know about the Vintage Glamour butler thing so that, for sure, is on my list to get. I was wondering where the butlers had gone.

I tend to end up being a bit of a hermit too, though within a family or friend household. They don't tend to do the parties and that kind of thing, though they have a few friends come over fairly often. I also end up going collecting, fishing, gardening and that kind of thing alongside a whole lot of building and designing a house. I find myself in build mode most often.

One thing that I'm considering is Outdoor Retreat, but less for the pack and more for the Modthesims canning mod that I can use if I own it. I have a huge garden, because I like to get all my collections, and I'll be darned if I don't end up with a fridge full of items that I can't use in cooking quickly enough. Sure, I could sell them, but... The canning mod uses the herb thing from Outdoor Retreat. Plus, it would be nice to have another place to go.

Thanks, guys! And thanks for telling about the sale, too! Going to save a bit of cash getting these, too.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Also, caught this few days back. What kind of simmer are you? I'm a bit of the architecht/custom content/mod person with a touch of the cheat. If you're going to build your dream house, motherlode is a necessity. :) It's also good for fixing things like those darn sims refusing to put their books away.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
What kind of simmer are you?
Character builder foremost. I love creating characters (and rarely finish playing them). I'm not so good at building from scratch, but I could spend hours remodeling an existing build to get it exactly the way I want, then decorating it.

If I actually get around to playing a game with my creations, I MUST cheat. I simply don't have the patience for working for a living (unless it's a challenge). And the bodily functions are the most annoying feature of the Sims, so I usually cheat or enable a Mod that slows down decay.

My current game is a luxury residence built around a very large swimming pool. The patio holds all the kitchen supplies, umbrella tables and some patio chairs. Small bedroom cabins circle the pool. This all worked great until I got Seasons. Now, when it rains, the stereo and coffee-maker start sparking and need to be repaired.

The household consists of five gay men and their butler. They are a lively bunch, let me tell ya.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
In sims 2 I tended to be a builder/modder [I still have my houses and items up on Mod the Sims], in 3 I more played, because I didn't need to make mods so things would match and they added more clutter type things.
4 I mostly play too, though its fun to build houses.

And well, I cheat, especially if there is a toddler. I want to have fun, not slough through it.

Though, right now I'm not cheating and attempting to do the Power Sim challenge. Well, not mostly, anyway - once or twice now my sim is working, I've had to do an emergency motive fill.

• 1Like
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
What I would love is a different version of the Sims -- something like Sims Drama -- in which you build dozens of characters, then just let them loose and watch their lives unfold. The intervention would be more high-level, like shooting a Cupid's arrow just as one Sim meets another, then seeing how they handle that, based on their character traits. The current auto-play is a bit tame. I want something spicier.