The Sims 4: Get Famous Expansion Coming Nov. 16th

Sep 23, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Coming to Sims 4 just in time for the latest expansion pack: First-person mode!
'Sims 4' first-person mode update has players planning to get NSFW
I hadn't thought to try that yet - but then my sim is a teen still [which, btw, now you can make a teen live alone without killing off the hapless adult].

Anyway, as soon as she meets someone her own age, I might try it.

Its loads of fun otherwise - I watched her do a school project and went on a hike a few times in first person.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
This reminds me of the Superstar EP for the original Sims. I think I'll be definitely asking Santa to put this under the tree for me this Christmas!

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
This is the first expansion I'll skip, just doesn't excite me. As a consolation prize, however, I finally bought myself the Vampire Game Pack (on holiday sale price).

Meanwhile, the November patch is REALLY EXCITING!! Terrain tools! My vampire can live in a gothic mansion on a hill!

The Sims 4 Terrain Tools Guide

Sep 23, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
This reminds me of the Superstar EP for the original Sims. I think I'll be definitely asking Santa to put this under the tree for me this Christmas!
It is a lot more like Superstar, but loads more fun. I didn't expect to love it quite as much as I do, but... especially, I love that you can be famous for just about anything; programming, writing, art, music, or even just being a social media maniac. I think even cooking can make you famous. I'm still trying out everything, beyond the normal all the creative, goth things I usually do.

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
It is a lot more like Superstar, but loads more fun. I didn't expect to love it quite as much as I do...
When you've had a chance to explore properly, would you mind expanding on what you like about it? It didn't look like fun to me, but I can always be persuaded. :D

Sep 23, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Well, for one thing, while it slightly annoys me, because snow... the new neighborhood is based on LA [at a quess] and while you can have winter and the winter holidays [if you've got the seasons pack], its not snowy at all. And as jobs go, its kind of fun to go to the set, and get ready for your performance, then go from one stage mark to another.

Also, I enjoy the editing of video, the video drone, and the music editing setups.

Of course, it might just be so fun because of the new base game stuff too, like first person.

Free

FIGHT FORUM AVATAR OPPRESSION
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
A little too realistic...

Sep 23, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I learned very quickly that you have to be careful and save often, they are harder to save than Sims3 sims.

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Lost...In...Space...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Get Famous is 50% off ($19.99) through the Origin store right now.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I am considering getting a new expansion or pack and this was the most recent Sims 4 discussion so I put it to you here. I currently own Seasons, Cats & Dogs and Get to Work. It was a no-brainer for Seasons and Cats & Dogs as those factor into my gameplay style frequently. Get to Work was because I was tired of the rabbit holes though I haven't yet ran a sim through the three new careers. I also liked some of the other things that came with the pack, such as being able to run a business.

My question is: Of the remainder, which would you highly place? I'm leaning a bit toward City Living. I don't really have much of an interest in Get Famous as the whole celebrity thing in Sims 3 is something I actually used to turn off. I found it annoying. I do like the idea of a new neighborhood, though. Get Together could be interesting, but beyond clubs, I'm not sure. Does that have a neighborhood, too?

None of the stuff packs interest me much, but have heard some fairly good things about Laundry Day in terms of objects and a teeny bit of gameplay if one is at all interested in that. I tend to be more about new gameplay. If I want custom stuff, I know where to go for that.

In that vein, I may have an interest in some of the game packs.I have heard both good and bad about Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure, and very good things about Dining Out. I hear good things, for the most part, about Vampires, but am a bit salty that it is only them. Where are the fairies, etc... that came with Supernatural for Sims 3? On the other hand, the neighborhood that comes with Vampires looks interesting.

It is highly unlikely that I will ever get the entirety of the Sims 4 packs. I want to focus on what people only think are the best of the best. What say ye, simmers?

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Lost...In...Space...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
The acting career in Get Famous is also an active one, like Get to Work, which is fun. You do hair & makeup and costumes (which often get hilariously messed up when you're just starting out), some tasks like practicing your acting or rehearsing scenes with co-stars, as well as social interactions, and then perform several scenes "on camera." There are also tasks to do at home beforehand that will give you a better chance of having a good performance.

Making your fans swoon is still the most hilarious part though.

EmpressOfCommunism

Too Cute for Capitalism ❤️
Sep 20, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It still doesn't quite meet the quirky charm of being able to invite Drew Carey to your party, have him do standup, and then choosing every negative interaction possible and brawling with him, like in the original Sims celebrity expansion pack. But, I might get the base game and this expansion.

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Lost...In...Space...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Origin is having a SIms 4 sale through the 13th.

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Vintage Glamour Game Pack is worth it for the butler alone. It's the most fully fleshed NPC in the game.

I also love City Living -- it's such a different environment from the towns. Your sims can live in a luxurious penthouse or in a low-rent rat-infested apartment, which introduces some welcome grittiness to Sims 4, which are otherwise squeaky clean.

I was disappointed in Dining Out, however. It takes forever to get through a meal, and the program was buggy.

I had all sorts of plans for using the features of Get Together... and still haven't done anything with it. I'm not good at social activities for my sims. They always end up as loners, because I get impatient with crowds and go off hunting collectibles or finding the nearest fishing hole. That's one reason I like Outdoor Retreat -- I can just go off and fish, although it's another feature I haven't used as much as I expected.

I can't say I've regretted any of the extras, except maybe Dining Out. If nothing else, just getting more textures, furniture and fashion items is worth it (for me).

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I've had to hold off on my Sims cravings a while ago when my aging laptop started showing signs of overheating when the graphics card is stressed (screen would turn white for several seconds, then display would return, repeating every so often while playing Sims 4). I'm going to have to take the laptop apart one of these times and repaste the heatsinks. I just haven't had the time or resources to do it yet.

I have every expansion pack except Get Famous, which still sits on my wish list, as Santa was broke last Christmas. I don't have any of the game or stuff packs, though I might pick up a few one of these times.

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Lost...In...Space...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
My Global Superstar couple just had a baby, who was also born a Global Superstar. Apparently it's genetic?

Edit: OK, no, Google suggests it's a bug. She probably will inherit some fame from them, but the real level won't show until she becomes a child and it won't be more than one or two stars (versus five for her parents).

Last edited: