The Seraphim Mesh Body Survey

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Well, this is interesting. I missed the chance to answer the survey but the results are interesting, especially in the female market. The male market is not as diverse or dominated by a single brand, and it seems a lot of responders picked up the freebie body from Meshbody (the folks who bought Legacy from TMP). People may own the body but getting mesh clothing for it will be difficult to impossible.

Mesh Body Survey - Female Body Results | Seraphim

Mesh Body Survey - Male Bodies Results | Seraphim

Monica Dream

Formally known as Han Held
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
Maitreya Lara respondants: 3800+
Tonic Fine Body respondants: 188
🥶🥶🥶🥶

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Well, it seems that Maitreya is looking to put Tonic Fine and the Legacy Perky out of business:

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
The results for the question about BOM were also interesting.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristalle

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Well, it seems that Maitreya is looking to put Tonic Fine and the Legacy Perky out of business:

Or maybe not. A friend has the Tonic Fine Beauty and that shape looks more natural, to my eye. I hope that it doesn't hurt Tonic because that would be grossly undeserved. Fine Beauty has a better looking breast shape, at least to me. And so does Legacy Perky.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ashiri

bubblesort

Gianni is more popular than I thought. I always thought Jake was the most common male body.

Also, aesthetic is less popular than I thought. I don't wear it, it's not my style, but I see it around a lot. It does have surprisingly good vendor support for a body that isn't one of the most popular bodies. I know that dev kit is unobtanium, so the vendor support isn't from accessability. Maybe the people who wear aesthetic tend to be more active in SL, and spend more money in SL than people who wear other bodies, and that economically justifies an increased level of vendor support?

I want to see a survey like this for heads next.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Or maybe not. A friend has the Tonic Fine Beauty and that shape looks more natural, to my eye. I hope that it doesn't hurt Tonic because that would be grossly undeserved. Fine Beauty has a better looking breast shape, at least to me. And so does Legacy Perky.
That will be good for my alt. She's either an elf or an alien, depending.
I broke down and got her the Lara because because of clothing availability (you can see how many people were wearing Absolut Creations Eve.
And damn, I have to get back in world and update!

Jopsy Pendragon

Democracy was a nice experiment while it lasted.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Ugh, I hate being 'generic', but Gianni definitely comes closest (with some shaping) to the body that I want to have in SL. :)