The Russia-Ukraine War has begun

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Evernote link
Even after the Salisbury poisonings Johnson continued his merry dance, stating that he was reluctant to “start a great hue and cry against certain individuals who might actually have wealth that was perfectly proper”. By that stage a foreign affairs select committee had condemned the London laundromat, and an intelligence and security committee report would soon state that the UK’s golden visa scheme provided “ideal mechanisms by which illicit finance could be recycled”. Johnson, by now prime minister, said (without apparent irony) that the UK had “some of the strongest controls in the world”.
At this point one cannot help pointing out another pixel in this dubious vista. In the period after Johnson entered No 10, Russian-linked donors provided the Tory party with serious funding. In 2019 alone, the year of Johnson’s election success, they swelled its coffers by £1.5 million — the most in a single year. A Foreign Office minister interviewed by the Insight team made a direct link between these donations and appeasement. He said the message from the leadership of the party was: “Don’t rock the boat because we need the dosh.”

• 1WTF??
Reactions: Govi

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts

any comments?

i personally cannot force myself into watching it all. managed a few of his more popular talks some months ago
My comment is if you think it is interesting, watch it. Then we have something to discuss.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I would check out the speaker online to determine any bias, and then see if he has any recent papers or articles for a shorter read. Check his comments section, watch the first 10 minutes to determine the content layout, and the last 10 minutes for a summary. Finally, come back a couple days later to see if Veritable, Free, or Innula have commented on my suggestions for maximizing content with limited time, as they read at the wholesale level while I'm just a punter.

ETA: While she would never say it herself, Innula is always right. Listen to Innula.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I would check out the speaker online to determine any bias, and then see if he has any recent papers or articles for a shorter read. Check his comments section, watch the first 10 minutes to determine the content layout, and the last 10 minutes for a summary. Finally, come back a couple days later to see if Veritable, Free, or Innula have commented on my suggestion, as they read at the wholesale level while I'm just a punter.
I am just not watching it. I see no reason to consume absolutely everything that is recommended to me. I'm anathema to the Internet in that way. Also, keeps up my troll rep.

brave.rabbit

I would check out the speaker online to determine any bias, and then see if he has any recent papers or articles for a shorter read. Check his comments section, watch the first 10 minutes to determine the content layout, and the last 10 minutes for a summary. Finally, come back a couple days later to see if Veritable, Free, or Innula have commented on my suggestions for maximizing content with limited time, as they read at the wholesale level while I'm just a punter.

ETA: While she would never say it herself, Innula is always right. Listen to Innula.
what do you mean by bias?