The Make us Laugh Challenge Thread

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I guess I have a dark sense of humor. Something about people showing off and totally failing. It didn't look like any permanent damage was done.

[edited later]
3 wtf's, ok fine, I deleted it. Beebo quoted me so it's still there if anyone wants to see it.

Last edited:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I guess I have a dark sense of humor. Something about people showing off and totally failing. It didn't look like any permanent damage was done.
You apparently had more information about that video than we did. You see someone showing off, but I saw someone deliberately kicking the shit out of someone. Failing by falling on your own ass is one thing, but failing and hurting someone else through careless negligence is a selfish disregard for other people. I can't see that as amusing, no matter which way you spin it.

As for "no permanent damage" -- wtf? The video cuts off with the woman clutching her head in agony. Yes, she's still alive and breathing, but the kind of kick she received could very well have caused a concussion or stretched neck tissue in ways that results in neurological damage akin to whip lash.

Watching that video made me feel sick.

• 3Agree
Reactions: Lexxi, Archer and Govi
SL Rez
SLU Posts
You apparently had more information about that video than we did. You see someone showing off, but I saw someone deliberately kicking the shit out of someone. Failing by falling on your own ass is one thing, but failing and hurting someone else through careless negligence is a selfish disregard for other people. I can't see that as amusing, no matter which way you spin it.
Maybe you didn't notice but there is a can on top of the woman's head. She is trying to kick the can with her karate move or whatever you call it, but misses, going to low.

• 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Maybe you didn't notice but there is a can on top of the woman's head. She is trying to kick the can with her karate move or whatever you call it, but misses, going to low.
It doesn't matter WHY the woman got kicked. It's a horrifying video that looks like someone got seriously injured by someone else, and when I first saw it, no, I didn't see the can, so it looked like she got kicked on purpose. Thanks for deleting it.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I'm not a big fan of fail videos in general, but there is a difference between someone failing and hurting themselves, as opposed to seeing a video where they cause another person harm intentionally or not and that's the "humor" in it.

There's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Dakota, was that a return to the thread challenge, or a continuation of Essence's reprimanding? I can't tell.

:kittyball:

• 1Agree
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi