The Make us Laugh Challenge Thread

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
As a teen, around 5 years before the world wide web was invented, I submitted an entry to a local "Stump The Library!" event. "If 'time' is the 4th, what is the 5th dimension?"

I was expecting an answer like: "According to Swedish physicist Oskar Klein, is that it is a dimension unseen by humans where the forces of gravity and electromagnetism unite to create a simple but graceful theory of the fundamental forces."

But NooOOOoo... I got: "The fifth dimension is the of a name of a 1969 pop-vocal group."

I want to believe in a special hell for people who deliberately cop out with easy but irrelevant answers. ;)

Roxie Marten

A member in good standing of the usual suspects
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Pence is driving Trump through the countryside and hits a pig and kills it.
Trump orders Pence to go up to the farm house and apologize.
A long time later Pence returns, he is drunk and carrying a bottle of booze and looks like he had good time.
Trump angrily demands what happened and why it took so long?
Pence slurring his words says, I don't know, all I said was " I am sorry the pig is dead"

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Something like that has actually happened to me. The cart was really, really heavy (I think my husband put rocks from the yard in it) and as I was wheeling it out a gust of really strong wind hit and I lost my balance, fell and the bin rolled over backwards on top of me. I was laying with my back on the ground like a fat little turtle and I seriously could not get the bin off the top of me. Fortunately for me my neighbor was walking her dog and helped get the bin off the top of me. I'm sure all the neighbors laughed about that one for a while.

Jopsy Pendragon

Without Equal Justice, Freedom becomes Tyranny
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Something like that has actually happened to me. The cart was really, really heavy (I think my husband put rocks from the yard in it) and as I was wheeling it out a gust of really strong wind hit and I lost my balance, fell and the bin rolled over backwards on top of me. I was laying with my back on the ground like a fat little turtle and I seriously could not get the bin off the top of me. Fortunately for me my neighbor was walking her dog and helped get the bin off the top of me. I'm sure all the neighbors laughed about that one for a while.
Wind was never a problem for me, but ice?

I once slid 3 blocks while desperately clinging to a plastic kitchen garbage can to keep me upright. An ice storm had glazed everything with almost an inch of smooth clear ice and there was no traction on pavement. I made the mistake of exploring after emptying the can, and the moment I stepped off of level ground, I was lost. Fortunately there was no traffic, because I skated past two stop signs before finally slamming into something I could grab into.

It took at least two hours to get home again, walking on emerald-ified grass and crawling on my hands and knees across paved areas that were sloped against me.

My parents were not happy about me losing the kitchen can, or my long long after bedtime return from my chore. ;)

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That's the same trash can that ate Rose's boyfriend Mickey on Doctor Who.
I remember that scene vividly. It was when the Autons were attacking and manipulating everything plastic. The trash can started moving down the street on it's own until it was close to Mickey who opened it up and then was merged with the trash can which was really weird. Dr. Who is one of my favorite shows (funny, good stories and eerily creepy) and I've recently started watching all the episodes again because they're now on HBO Max.

Roxie Marten

SL Rez
Joined SLU
My fight was not a trash can but the hatch on my car. It was time to do laundry and I was out of undies , I thought oh hell, go commando it's a ankle length skirt
I run to the store and I come out there must be 40 MPH wind. Open the hatch of the car, start to load groceries and down comes the hatch on my head, I push the hatch up and the wind blows my skirt up, push skirt down and down comes hatch. Wash, rinse and repeat. I am sure there is CCV TV footage of that making the rounds. It was like being in my own three stooges movie. :LOL::ROFLMAO::giggle:

Roxie Marten

SL Rez
Joined SLU
😂 I lurve Strange Planet 🌎

lol
That is like being ambidextrous with a father who is a fanatic about everyone should be right handed
I would switch hands while eating during dinner to the point my old man would blow a head gasket.
Slam his fist down on the table and yell 'Jesus Christ Pick A Hand"
I would remind him my name was not Jesus Christ LOL
After I learned how much this annoyed him. I got plenty mileage out of it while I was growing up :ROFLMAO: