showtime The L Word - Generation Q Coming Dec 8th

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I tried to watch the original L Word a few months ago and made it about halfway thru Episode 3 before giving up. It was either that or I was going to throw my shoe through the TV screen.

It's bad enough belonging to a marginalized minority, but I can't even identify with My People. At least not the Hollywood version.

This new version doesn't look substantially different.

• 1Hug
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Cristiano

#babyyoda2020
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The first season was a bit rough, but I actually enjoyed first series. I have a mad crush on Jennifer Beals, so whatever she is in, I will watch.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Did you watch Swamp Thing? She was great in it. I'm not too much into American comics but always liked the swamp thing and they did a really good job making it into a series. Though it's cancelled so only 1 season. 😕

Cristiano

#babyyoda2020
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I just saw the first episode and I really enjoyed it. The mix of the original cast and new people is strong. I saw the entire original series and loved it - honestly I'm just watching this one for Jennifer Beals, but the whole cast is excellent. I'll definitely keep watching.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Did Pam Grier come to the new series?

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
No - in the new series her character:

died of a heroin overdose, which is something that drives Bette to run for mayor
:(. I remember they portrayed her as having drug issues in the previous series. It makes me sad that they went this route, though.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Cristiano