CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Yay, I get to do it, the thing I love so well:

Also I'll make this prediction, within 5 years Cawthorn will pull an Aaron Shock.

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Is it bad that I hope he keeps singing, since he's been ousted by the party and the voters?

• 1Pie
Reactions: WolfEyes

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Matt Gaetz has destroyed himself. Much like Cawthorn and Greene, he does nothing for his district, and he's not all that popular there - I'm just really hoping that Jones can kick his ass out [or maybe someone is primarying him like Cawthorn and Greene] The fact Jones is actually a local, gives me hope.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

"Making A Difference In Service to Our Nation" must not be all that important to him.

The PAC wasn't very active, only raising $21,000 and spending $9,066 in the 2020 cycle, according to campaign finance filings.
Ahh...

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Matt Gaetz has destroyed himself. Much like Cawthorn and Greene, he does nothing for his district, and he's not all that popular there - I'm just really hoping that Jones can kick his ass out [or maybe someone is primarying him like Cawthorn and Greene] The fact Jones is actually a local, gives me hope.
So, decided to look, because I was curious - there are more candidates in the gop primary for our district than there are in the dem one [twice as many] so think that yes, the GOP establishment might be trying to clean up its act - still won't ever vote for them, but can't wait until our primaries.

*Also, I should note, that apparently there are two Jones' running in our district - one is a gop challenger for Gaetz - the other is one of the dem candidates; The whistleblower during Covid-19's early years >.>

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Apparently Cawthorn just posted a Joker speech on Instagram about how it's time for "Dark MAGA" to rise up and take over the country or something.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Apparently Cawthorn just posted a Joker speech on Instagram about how it's time for "Dark MAGA" to rise up and take over the country or something.
Make America Dark Again?

• 1LOL
Reactions: Govi

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, because I'm curious; The GOP is heavily primary-ing Gaetz, MTG, but also Ivey in Alabama.

So, since she's actually establishment, I'm wondering how much longer I need to save my super fancy popcorn. Looks like the GOP might actually blow themselves up this time [but that's prolly wishful thinking]

Grandma Bates

Only mostly banned....
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Yes
SLU Posts
So, because I'm curious; The GOP is heavily primary-ing Gaetz, MTG, but also Ivey in Alabama.

So, since she's actually establishment, I'm wondering how much longer I need to save my super fancy popcorn. Looks like the GOP might actually blow themselves up this time [but that's prolly wishful thinking]
Here in Georgia most of the GOP faithful are more than happy to lean into the fascist tendencies of the current GOP. Rep. Jody Hice is making the most of it in the primary for Secretary of State and the folks out in the hinterlands are more than happy to buy into the snake oil being peddled by MTG and Hice. (Disclaimer: Rep. Hice is my congressperson, and it makes me ill to even think of him.)

At the same time there is another phenomena going on. I have been running into an increasing number of people who normally lean towards the Democratic party but are generally apolitical who are signing up to vote in the Republican primary. They have finally had enough and are ready to admit that the Republicans are off the reservation. They plan on voting for the most moderate candidates available which in Georgia puts them way out in right field but still a shade short of the mini-Mussolini's who seem to be in charge. Given the extreme gerrymandering that has taken place in this state, they see no other choice.

Given how closely divided the GOP is right now it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Here in Georgia most of the GOP faithful are more than happy to lean into the fascist tendencies of the current GOP. Rep. Jody Hice is making the most of it in the primary for Secretary of State and the folks out in the hinterlands are more than happy to buy into the snake oil being peddled by MTG and Hice. (Disclaimer: Rep. Hice is my congressperson, and it makes me ill to even think of him.)

At the same time there is another phenomena going on. I have been running into an increasing number of people who normally lean towards the Democratic party but are generally apolitical who are signing up to vote in the Republican primary. They have finally had enough and are ready to admit that the Republicans are off the reservation. They plan on voting for the most moderate candidates available which in Georgia puts them way out in right field but still a shade short of the mini-Mussolini's who seem to be in charge. Given the extreme gerrymandering that has taken place in this state, they see no other choice.

Given how closely divided the GOP is right now it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.
I feel for you - my mom had MTG, and I did live in Ga most of my life - I know about Hice.

But I find it interesting how many GOP races have not just one person primarying incumbents - like, Kay Ivey has 7 other people running against her, MTG has I think 5, and Gaetz has 3. Honestly, I think even if one was planning on voting Dem in the General, if you live somewhere red, its prolly best to at least get rid of actual insurectionists where you can - but I don't feel like changing my registration for the GOP even to try and knock Gaetz out early. Besides, the panhandle is weird - its pretty conservative, but only in the rural areas, but moderate dems do not do well here, progressives do much better, even if they can't quite beat the gop -yet-

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Grandma Bates