network The Good Place Renewed For Season 4

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
That's good, I read something during season 1 that suggested the creator had the complete story planned and it was I think 7 seasons long.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Tigger and Beebo Brink

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yay! It was insane they waited this long given how popular it is.

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
The Janet(s) episode this last week may well be my favorite episode of the entire series. :D
I dunno.... Chidi becomes a nihilist and makes candy chilli and mirror centaur and tarantula squid are also high up there and Janet beats up demons in a bar brawl.

But I keep on re-watching the janets episode just to watch Michael ask how to tell them apart and for the look on Matt's (weird sex things) face.

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
The ending sets up some interesting stories now too.
They do their best work when the characters are in an other-worldly plane, rather than on Earth. I was disappointed in 3rd season -- to me the scripts seemed a bit disjointed and lackluster -- until the last few episodes with demon fights, followed by The Void and Accounting. The writers are just brilliant in those scenarios. If next season takes place in The Good Place, I can hardly wait!

• 1Like
Reactions: Kara Spengler

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
They do their best work when the characters are in an other-worldly plane, rather than on Earth. I was disappointed in 3rd season -- to me the scripts seemed a bit disjointed and lackluster -- until the last few episodes with demon fights, followed by The Void and Accounting. The writers are just brilliant in those scenarios. If next season takes place in The Good Place, I can hardly wait!
Yes, I have been waiting for them to get to the real Good Place. The 3rd season was so-so for writing, but saved by the actors.

Free

I am your polar opposite opposite
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Life imitates art:

So at the Golden Globes, the actress who plays Tahani is mis-identified as her character's sister, who in the show is always getting more attention.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
New episode on Thursday!

Meanwhile I'll just watch Janet(s) again (for the 5th time). Have I mentioned how much I love this episode?

Myficals

Pop!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
So this has been announced...

On the one hand, I haz a sad that after the upcoming season there'll be no more Good Place. On the other hand, the fact that they're getting to go out on their terms, and that the show is neither being cancelled before it's time nor stretched into Flanderisation, means that it's a bittersweet kind of sad. They're getting to tell the story they want to in the amount of time they want to spend telling it. That's pretty much the best way a TV show can end.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Resident Grouch
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
On the one hand, I haz a sad that after the upcoming season there'll be no more Good Place. On the other hand, the fact that they're getting to go out on their terms, and that the show is neither being cancelled before it's time nor stretched into Flanderisation, means that it's a bittersweet kind of sad. They're getting to tell the story they want to in the amount of time they want to spend telling it. That's pretty much the best way a TV show can end.
:qft:

I adore this show. I've lost count of how many times I've watched the first two seasons, and I'm headed into my 2nd viewing of 3rd season within the next week or two. It's a difficult premise to sustain, however, and I'd much rather see them head for an ending while the concept is robust, rather than tread water season after season (Hello, Big Bang Theory) just because they're making money off of it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Tigger

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
So any bets on what spin will happen at the end of the series this year?

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
So any bets on what spin will happen at the end of the series this year?
Well, we've seen the good place (sorta), the bad place, the neutral pocket dimension (next to accounting) and earth. But in the Janet manual it mentions that Janets "are brought to you by the makers of light, darkness and everything" and those makers and where they exist is the only part of the afterlife we havent seen yet. So we have to see that/them before the end, surely?