disney+ The Book of Boba Fett

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Premieres a few days before the end of 2021.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The first chapter came out yesterday.

So far, meh OK not exciting but I'll keep watching. I get the why, but I felt there was a bit too much remodeling origin story onward from the sarlacc pit. (Is that a spoiler? Did anybody think they wouldn't begin with the sarlacc pit?) Or maybe there was not enough Ming-Na due to that.

I have no problem with the speed of egress Boba manages from the sarlacc. If they'd followed along with the expanded universe stories, the entire episode would have been about his escape, and I really don't care enough about a giant, tentacled, sentient hole in the sand to have to sit through that.

Temuera Morrison does a pretty good job with the "Stranger in a Strange Land" version of Boba, especially during his crime lord training. The "Hey, he used to be *my* boss!" asides nicely point out just how fish out of water the old bounty hunter really is in that chair.

Ponderings:
  • The bacta tank (I looked it up!) is one hell of a dream weaver.
  • Hey Boba, crime lords don't walk, they drive Escalades.
  • That chase with Fennec over the buildings was some serious parkouring with the coolest backflip!
  • Also, the "I only need one of you" shot. hehe...
  • The idea the sarlacc takes a thousand years to digest its prey? Anyone ever come across hyperbole in a fantasy before? If not, talk to Han Solo, or at least Madmartigan from Willow.
One thing in the flashback sequence I found interesting and felt added something to the Star Wars mythos was the sandpeople 'tribe'. From the kids beating the crap out of Boba to the drink the chief handed him after his return from the Harryhausen sand monster fight, the story itself was pretty tropey but they gave so many of the Tusken Raiders enough personality and peculiar traits that I watched it all with a sense of genuine gratification.

• 2Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi, Romana and Govi

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The Star Wars universe can be lived in without being @TENTHOUSAND1 all the time. A bounty hunter west wing sitcom might be refreshing for a change. But I have not Disney+ to find out.

• 2Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink and Romana

bubblesort

I loved the Mandalorian, but bringing Boba Fett back was stupid. I love Boba Fett, but I also want him to stay dead, so I have no interest in this show.

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well I'm enjoying it. And the second episode I found to be pretty great.

The "long speeder" chase was the best sequence of this sort I think I've seen in a Star Wars product. And the continued mythos building with the Tusken Raiders tribe or clan was cool.

I guess a Star Wars show without a lot of space battles and laser swords takes some getting used to.

• 1burn
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
My boys love Star Wars. We just watched the first two epizzzzZzzZzzzZZZZZzzzz
Tonight I made it through about 20 minutes of the first episode before my attention wandered so much that I lost track of what was going on. Lots of frenetic activity, but nothing that made me care what happened.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I can't get into a show that sounds like Grandma's collection of feta cheese recipes.

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Chapter 3.