Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
In case anyone thinks I was far too hard on the OP, I remember a shitfest of a thread created by OP on SLU, in which it was purported that he had come around on a particular issue (I think it was women's rights or something similar, but I don't know how to check the SLU archives) and the exact opposite was true.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
And does there in the USA realy an extreme left exists?
Yeah, that.

Kizz, I'm having a really hard time picturing who the "extreme left" are. Are you talking about people who want fairness and equality for all? That's not an extremist view. Do you have someone in particular in mind when you refer to the "extreme left"? Knowing who you're talking about might help this discussion along.

Last edited:

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Extremists on the left, if they had their way, would have literally open borders, would have full-on discrimination of the majority demographic, would have quota systems in place enforcing "equality of outcome", and would make stating non-progressive views illegal.

Extremists on the right, if they had their way, would have literally completely closed borders, would have full-on discrimination of the minority demographic, would have systems in place that allow for discrimination of anyone, and would make stating negative things about Christianity illegal.

When people use Hitler or Stalin as some sort of comparison, it's ridiculous, we need to judge by what's actually CURRENTLY out there.
One of those two statements is true. I have met people who advocate all of the positions you ascribe to the right. On the other hand, despite being surrounded by a variety of people on the left, I have never heard any of the views you ascribe to us. Ever. From anyone.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I assume you're talking about the USA here, so please forgive me for not being fully versed on these things, but which "Extremists on the left" in the USA do you say advocate making it illegal to state "non-progressive views" or want "literally open borders" (unless by "literally" here you actually mean "figuratively," and not literally at all)?

Who actually advocates these policies?
Nowhere near anyone with the clout of people who wants the opposite on the right. I am sure you could find some starry eyed tweens that advocate for this stuff (generally the ones all dressed in black and other goth stuff) but the people advocating for the opposite are not their counterparts .... they are purported adults who should know better.

Last edited:

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Extremists on the left, if they had their way, would have literally open borders,
Since only about a quarter of people in the US are in favor of loosening immigration rules at all, and a larger percentage want to tighten them somewhat, it doesn't matter how extreme the extremists are. There isn't going to be a change in that direction at all. For reference, legal immigration is about 1.2 million people a year in recent years.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Memir

SL Rez
Joined SLU
At some point in 2004
SLU Posts
Kizz is not a Troll.

This is cyclical, although admittedly not as bad as the previous occurrence.

This community is very much the Hotel California of forums. Some never leave.

Kizz if you are having a hard time again, maybe send a message to some of your friends whom still frequent this forum and have a chat before it all goes sideways in the traditional ugly fashion like it has so many times before.

• 1Like
Reactions: Pancake

Kizz

"open borders"
"discrimination of the majority demographic"
"quota systems"
"illegal"
"SJW"

Dude, your use of right wing dog-whistlely buzzwords is speaking much louder than whatever else you think you are saying. Care to add "political correctness" for the trifecta?
No. There's nothing wrong with what I've said here. There's nothing false about what I've said here. Just because I'm not an anti-SJW doesn't mean I think the left is a bucket of roses. It takes two to tango.

Kizz

When my grandfather was a child in the South, it was not uncommon for a black man to be lynched in broad daylight. The men that did that weren't extremists. That was just what was done to "deal with" undesirables who didn't mind their place.

Now we have openly racist, sexist, white men carrying torches, marching WITH Nazi lovers and white supremacists, in support of Trump. A spineless idiot who can't even condemn them for being Nazis and sympathizers.

I can't see how any reasonable person can equate that with students demanding that faculty/staff avoid avoid language and rationalizations that reenforces showing disrespect to individuals because of their immutable characteristics.
No, those men were extremists, it doesn't matter if extreme was the norm, those men were extremists.

We have a lot more to fear from the right because THEY have power and the Trump administration continually dog whistles the white nationalists.

Kizz

You could do worse, and you did, than Civil Rights Activists (it's not something that petered out in the 60s).
I used the term because it was the most descriptive in the least amount of words. If I said "civil rights activists", it doesn't really get to the heart of the issue.

Kizz

Ah, yup. You haven't learned a damn thing. You come here acting as if you've learned something, yet you spout this nonsense.

As to comparing what is happening today on the right to nazis, well, "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...".

You're a full-on believer and this is a fraudulent thread created by you, pretending one thing while believing another.
Nope. But if I ever DID want to go back to that kind of belief, this forum is how I would do it.

• 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Kizz

I think you'll find that people don't need your permission to post here, Troll.
If someone is going to complain about the word I used, and they're not willing to give a better word, yeah, I have a right to say something.

Kizz

Kizz is not a Troll.

This is cyclical, although admittedly not as bad as the previous occurrence.

This community is very much the Hotel California of forums. Some never leave.

Kizz if you are having a hard time again, maybe send a message to some of your friends whom still frequent this forum and have a chat before it all goes sideways in the traditional ugly fashion like it has so many times before.
Yeah, it seems that it IS going that way again, so I'll probably just leave. There's no point in talking with people who are convinced that someone is their enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.