The Alt-Right Playbook: You Go High, We Go Low

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
In light of today's dog-and-pony rubberstamping show on the U.S. Senate floor, this video has become even more painfully relevant. It uses the strangled-in-the-crib Merrick Garland nomination as an example of the depths to which the right will sink to destroy everyone not like them.

tl;dr:
  • When your opponent accuses you of breaking the rules they themselves hold in contempt, the rules no longer matter.
  • The right uses the left's obsession with rules/"the process" against them.
  • If someone has no shame, calling them a hypocrite has no effect.
  • You can't compromise with people who accept nothing but complete dominance over you. "Leading by example" fixes nothing.

When one party can be relied on to do the exact opposite of your worst behavior, good strategy is to do to them — as destructively as possible — whatever you don't want them to do to you.
There's a very Enlightenment way of thinking that implies that "with the right means, the ends take care of themselves," and immoral behavior becomes functionally impossible. [...] Provided you commit to obeying a just set of rules, only justice will ever be produced by them, and you can see how utterly paralyzing when half the participants of that system refuse to play by those rules.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
There's a whole series on YouTube. Very imformative.

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
The entire Innuendo Studios channel is worth watching. Ian Danskin is very good at what he does there.

• 2Agree
Reactions: detrius and Soen Eber

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Watching that one understands that Trump can very well win this election on the backs of everyone but the aggrieved, angry white male who is not angry with those who've actually taken their power away but women and minorities; a sleight of hand at every possible moment, a con.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Excellent documentary and well worth the time to watch. The concluding minute was a bit weak -- a vague call for change -- but the story they told was quite forceful.
I agree. It was bluntly honest about everything. Now, I'm terrified that Trump is going to win, legitimately, without even the need to conduct election fuckery, other than that which has already been conducted over the last decade or more by Republicans in assorted states to deny the right to vote.

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
At this point I'm assuming that Trump will win again, no matter what happens - or that he'll drag things out so long that he wins by default. To consider any other possibility is simply unthinkable at this point. I just don't have the emotional strength to get my hopes up even a little bit. Come November 4 (or whenever), I would rather be pleasantly surprised than to have my heart broken a second time.