That's sexist! (Sexist people don't care)

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
>>Coding is a brutal 24/7 job, mutually exclusive with motherhood

I doubt dudebro could take a week at motherhood. lol

But hey, coding really is BRUTAL. I know my butt starts to hurt after that 14th hour at the computer.

Seriously, we need to get dudebro a new profession. 24/7 job? He's being abused.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Govi

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I watch his videos.

He's a real ass a lot of the time and loves to blend trolling and satire in his podcasts to make it look like he's serious ... but with this, I think he is confused. His own experience is of tech jobs that are high pressure and high commitment because he's chasing visibility and pay, but my own is that you can have a good balance, it really depends on the employer and the role you are seeking.

Clearly he's mansplaining, however, and has some serious attitude problems.

EDIT: I haven't watched his videos in the past few months. Having just looked now, Yuck! Crypto currency, Putin bro, me me me ... nothing that is developer related, which is what I was watching.

Last edited:

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Some of the replies to that thread are well worth reading...

Also - if I was a female ''interviewed' at Google by that guy, I think I'd be talking to a discrimination lawyer...

TechLead

So when I used to conduct interviews for Google, I rejected all women on-the-spot and trashed their resumes in front of them. I told them, “Go have some kids. Don’t worry, I’m smarter than you, I know.” Then I gave them an NP-hard problem and went home
I bet he's full of shit and never interviewed for google... but if anyone can prove me wrong, there is CERTAINLY lawsuit potential. And if he told them to their faces, "go have some kids" he'd already be fired or sued, so I bet this whole thing is made up. This is just his little incel power fantasy. I wouldn't be quick to sue someone, but would over that.

EDIT: After reading more comments, it sounds like he could have really been at google, but is probably lying about how overt his stupid interview discrimination was... either way, I hope this fucker gets blacklisted.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Free

I post a lot
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Walsh has a "documentary" out where he pretty much just goes around asking that question. It looks fascinating...

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
According to the TTC’s statement, Al-Balushi “failed to take reasonable steps and precautions for her own safety and protection.” The statement says “she chose to stand close to the edge of the platform,” “failed to pay due care and attention to her surroundings,” and “was travelling alone and unassisted on public transit when she knew or ought to have known that it was unsafe for her to do so.”

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Go read the thread. Enjoy being pissed off, it's very cathartic.
So... This reminds me of the change in video games way back in the 80s - one moment, everyone played arcade games like the Pac-Man games, and centipede, and tempest, and.... and then the next moment, 'Girls don't play video games' so they started ignoring females entirely, and marketing only to dudes - and we still kept playing.

But fuck all of 'em - I guess I don't need to pay them money to watch things.