• 1LOL
Reactions: Govi

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I don't even remember what the post was now. 🤪

Oh wait, some Texas school trustee demanding an end to queer and race awareness because a kid was traumatised.

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
They want the classrooms to look like the top image, not the bottom. No visual teaching aids allowed.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
I had no problems viewing the tweet or the comments.... not sure if twitter is buggy or it's only showing for certain accounts???

The content is of course absurd... Scary times.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I had no problems viewing the tweet or the comments.... not sure if twitter is buggy or it's only showing for certain accounts???

The content is of course absurd... Scary times.
In case you didn't realize, I'm not clicking on the ones that say "not available". I don't have an account but if I do click I do see the tweet. Just the one tweet though, no replies or anything. Nonregistered people aren't allowed to see any replies and I don't think we're supposed to be able to see the tweets themselves now.

Musk is a Class A dumbass.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Twitter/X fuckabouts...

Article referenced in tweet:
From the article:

One trustee says a child was traumatized by a poster showing different colored children holding hands and had to switch classrooms.

School officials against this say a policy prohibiting political displays, not related to curriculum, already exists. The trustee who brought this forward didn't realize that.

When it was brought to her attention, the trustee said she wants that policy to go further. Citing "a number of parents reaching out to her about supposed displays of personal ideologies in classrooms," Melissa Dungan asked her fellow board members to crackdown on them.

"I wish I was shocked by each of the examples that were shared with me, however, I am aware these trends have been happening for many years," Dungan said.
When pressed to share one of those examples, Dungan referred to a first grade student whose parent claimed they were so upset by a poster showing hands of people of different races, that they transferred classrooms.

"Just so I understand, you are seriously suggesting that you find objectionable, a poster indicating that all are included," Stacey Chase, another trustee, said.

Dungan wouldn't say whether she found that poster objectionable, just that she wants to avoid "situations like that" by having the board adopt stricter standards and adhere to state policies already in place, prohibiting teachers from displaying political items not relevant to curriculum.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
DeSantis is getting less love from his courts.

A state judge struck down North Florida’s congressional districts Saturday, rebuffing Gov. Ron DeSantis’ open defiance of anti-gerrymandering protections, finding the governor’s map illegally reduced Black voters’ electoral power.

DeSantis had wagered the state’s Fair Districts Amendment against the U.S. Constitution, arguing mandatory protections for Black voters violated the Equal Protection Clause; Second Judicial Circuit Judge J. Lee Marsh flatly rejected that gamble, rendering a decision that could reverberate from the halls of Tallahassee to the streets of Jacksonville, paving the way for a new, Democratic district where Jacksonville’s Black voters have more influence.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
In case you didn't realize, I'm not clicking on the ones that say "not available". I don't have an account but if I do click I do see the tweet. Just the one tweet though, no replies or anything. Nonregistered people aren't allowed to see any replies and I don't think we're supposed to be able to see the tweets themselves now.

Musk is a Class A dumbass.
You can use my account if you like, I never use it and I don't give a f***. Or even better, I can look for or create a few dummy accounts based on different emails and just post them here.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
You can use my account if you like, I never use it and I don't give a f***. Or even better, I can look for or create a few dummy accounts based on different emails and just post them here.
Thank you but no. I've lost all interest in Twatter.

Thanks Elon.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I browsed around X/Twitter a bit using my husband's account, and, yeah. I thought the place was a toilet before; I had no idea.

Rest in peace, little blue bird.

• 2Agree
Reactions: WolfEyes and Govi

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Last edited: