Texture Organizer...dear god I need an opensim texture organizer

Sunshine Carami

No Dude, am not new...just another lurker
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2008
SLU Posts
Something simple. Just want to dump textures into an organized system so I can see what textures I have available. I've picked up scripts (too unsavvy to use) and an opensim texture organizer (what the hell are the instructions talking about) and can't figure it out. I'm a texture hoarder...see possibilities in each and every one of the textures I see...just need a way to SEE THEM. In a now gone world I used ZTech ; man, it was so simple and easy to understand.

• 1Like
Reactions: Tamara Artis

Tamara Artis

If you ever manage to find one good, I would like to buy it. I don't even try to sort or look through my textures anymore, just use whatever comes up in inventory search. But I often add specific keywords to my inventory items so it's easier to find them...

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Any SL examples of what you would be looking for?

Vaelissa Cortes

SL Rez
What I've done for years now is set up an exact copy of my texture folder structure on my PC, with the same texture names. It can take a while to do the first time around, and takes some discipline to keep in line, but it is so much faster than anything in-world will ever be, and when you find what you want, just put the name in inventory search and there it is.

Daffy

I've been using a texturemanager that can be modified, either by replacing the textures or adding textures .
It looks like this inworld : Screenshot

You can drag and drop this texturemanager from your inventory to ground, then just Edit select ," Edit linked" a button,
let's say the "Carpet"button. Then see in the content from that carpet button, inside are many textures and 1 "cat"script.
Don't remove that script, but either delete all textures or leave them and drag and drop new textures inside.
Then leave the edit menu, select the manager again and rename it to let's say....texturemanager02, then take it back to inventory.

Now drag and drop this new manager on ground and the scripts will start and intialize all textures inside and is ready for use.
When you scroll through the textures and want to take out a texture, then leftclick on the big view at the rightside.
This will open the texture , and it will show a message in the right top of your screen where it has a "accept"" button.
Click on this "accept " button and the texture will be copied over into your inventory/textures folder, on top there.
I uploaded this manager with textures inside, as you see it on the picture, to my megadrive , here is the link:
Manager in iar format

You can upload it through your opensim console ( after you put it inside the bin folder from your simulator)
and it goes with this command, load iar Sunshine Carami /Objects yourpassword manager-01.iar
This will load it into your inventory Objects folder as a subfolder named Backup12, so /Objects/Backup12/manager-01.iar
is the path where you will find it.
But, i saw your name listed in osgrid, so i already sent you one inworld in OSgrid, please share it :D