Tell us your Second Life enemies story

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
many years back, I had a guy that was going to find me irl and kill me, why, because this girl he was fooling with, was wanting out of everything from him, I'm more than glad to help some one calling out for it, so I helped her escape him, he went goose shit on me in SL, Then it all magically stopped when his mom found out and denied him access to their internet. 3 years now I've not seen him login lol.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Mom's rule.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Prok was not my enemy but I remember some of this

We take Prok’s position to be this: the FIC is a group of Brahmins in the community who receive special help and attention from the Lindens and who work against newcomers and outsiders who want to come in and become successful virtual business persons. We doubt the FIC actually works like this, and any attempt to identify a social aristocracy is bound to be problematic, but it does need to be observed that there has never actually been a society of any interest that did not have an aristocracy of some form or another, whether it coalesced intentionally or not. Despite utopian dreams, there’s no reason Second Life should be any different. Is the FIC our aristocracy? Well, we can debate the thesis, and either reject it or refine it, but it is hard to dismiss it out of hand.
Editorial: Sympathy for Prokofy Neva | The Alphaville Herald

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Prok's anti-teleporting campaign still haunts SL. There's _no reason_ llTeleportAgent has to be tied to the experience system.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
I am an avid fan of club hopping every now and then; teleporting there, looking at the crowd, listening to the stream and if it's not my cup of coffee I do teleport away quietly.

Most club owners have better to do than to always babysit the teleport messages of their sim, but I've managed by chance to find the one who does not. It's a foggy, also well visited club (traffic >= 20.XXX), so he really must be some type of control freak or so.

Anyway, one evening I got him suddenly in IMs and he wanted to know what I am always doing there and why I never enter the real club area. I decided to deal with it in the easiest way possible: by simple ignoring the question. He grumbled a little bit, and next time I tried to go there a security orb promptly ejected me from the parcel.

Now they've moved already at least two times, but the orb is still there in action. I would not call this club owner my enemy, but how he views me might be different... an annoyance at least.

Fun thing though was that a few weeks later a good friend of mine became a host there; and I was able to go there and dance until one hour later the orb suddenly started running again and ejected me. My friend then three weeks later also left this club in anger due to differences with the host manager, and I've found out that other friends of mine also had bans for very simple reasons. So I am in good company.

• 1Like
Reactions: Tirellia

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I have some vague memory of when you joined SLU and you were 15 or 20, could be mistaken.
I was exactly 18 when I signed up. A friend of mine at work told me about Second Life - although I never met him in-world after I joined.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Prok's anti-teleporting campaign still haunts SL. There's _no reason_ llTeleportAgent has to be tied to the experience system.
Are you sure? I've been to more than one place that uses it.

NeoBokrug's Wastelands game hud uses IITeleportAgent, I'm pretty sure, to TP you to a recovery location when your health reaches zero for instance as part of the death mechanic. I think it also looks for it in order to suspend you from the game if you intentionally teleport while wearing the hud (which is not allowed).

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Are you sure? I've been to more than one place that uses it.
Yes. And you have to grant experience permissions to the script or wear an attachment. That means that casual teleports using sit teleports are still a better user experience than llTeleportAgent which is, honestly, pitiful.

For games or role play with custom scripts that's fine, but it's useless for environmental use of llTeleportAgent in builds, like the one I put together as a demo using sit teleports (so you had to click going through any doors) the FIRST time they promised to implement it. In 2007. Took a few Lindens through the build (including Torley who was a Linden back then) and there was much excitement.

Then that bastard complained people would use it for griefing and they replaced it with llMapDestination. Which immediately got used for griefing.

Later I had Lindens demoing the new llTeleportAgent and they said, yes, it would work with landowner permissions like llTeleportAgentHome, and I was excited again. And then, no, you have to grant Experience permissions so only people who are vetted by LL can write scripts using it. Lest it be used for griefing. I call shenanigans.