Tell us your Second Life enemies story

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Love and friendship are fine and all, but having a nemesis is what truly drives a good story, so...

It was my first rental property in Second Life, a bland plot in the long lost Sionnach sims. I had dropped a forgettable prefab on it, but it was mine and I learned my first building efforts by ripping it apart and putting it back together in different ways.

Eventually though, the vampires moved in. It was a full clan, and they had taken over one huge chunk on the edge of the sim I was in, right next door to my plot. Their build was huge, with a foundational wall 20 meters tall skirting the border. I would have learned to deal with it sitting next to my dinky home if it hadn't been way outside the sims' rules right from the beginning. Sadly, the sim owner was struggling to keep Sionnach running, so he let them skirt those rules. Because money talks.

Eventually, the sim owner offered me a deal on a plot in another sim in Sionnach that I took him up on, but with the draw distance maxed out I could still see the clan in the original sim, watching as their structures eventually took over about half the sim, lumbering over everything else in it.

I never met a one of them, as they never seemed to be online in the sim when I was there. So they're the first group of SL users I point to when I need an example of how to annoy someone without actually getting to know them.

Ayesha

Mine is pretty famous. There was a whole thread about it on the old SL Universe forums, but I don’t think it’s available anymore. The short version: When I was a baby land baron in 2008, I made the mistake of giving a corner of my main island to a guy who was building a replica of Disney’s Haunted Mansion. I thought it was pretty cool and might bring some traffic to the island. However, he kept taking advantage of my generosity and doing things I specifically asked him not to do, including offering shirts for sale with Mickey Mouse on them, and other stuff that was just begging for a lawsuit or at least a cease-and-desist. He also kept using more prims than he was supposed to on things other than the mansion, leaving me with no prims to build.

Finally, I told him that he would have to rent and pay for his own space on a new island I was opening if he wanted to stay. He agreed to rent half the island to open "Mouse World," but then tried to short me $25 per month. He claimed I had told him the cost would be that $25 less, and refused to pay even when I pointed out I would never have suggested that amount since it would’ve been less than the cost I was paying to LL. Still being way too nice, I gave him some extra time to figure out how to bring in donations. I suggested he look for a sponsor. I was pretty new myself and thought such opportunities might exist -- after all, I'd hosted him for free for a few months.

He decided on his own to come to the SL Universe forum to ask how to get sponsors. This didn’t go well for him, to put it mildly. A couple of people responded with constructive criticism, and he became enraged. That led to people rightly and hilariously critiquing his horrible design and building skills. I eventually either evicted him for nonpayment or transferred the sim to him to get rid of him, I don't remember. But I was out a chunk of $. He then accused me of trolling him, but the "trolls" were SLUers and random people going to his new park location and subtly pushing his easily-triggered temper. He sent me nasty messages for a while, but eventually went away.

After a couple of years of hearing nothing from him, he set me an obvious drunk IM just after midnight on New Year’s. It was just a string of obscenities. I laughed. Eventually his park closed and I don’t know if he is still in SL, nor do I care.

Last edited:

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I never had real SL drama I guess.
Only one or two people evicted from my shops over the years, because I thought they misbehaved.
No discussion whatsoever. Just ignoring. That is what trolls don't like at all.

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Most memorable was a 16 sq.m parcel next to one of my homes that had an ad on it for some bike gang that was as short lived as it was much hyped. Not wanting to have to see it myself I put two blank walls next to it on my parcel blocking it from my view. Guess it being visible from two of the four directions wasn't good enough for its owner because next time I logged in the ad was moved up above my blocking walls. I'd stretch the walls upwards, he'd move his ad upwards, one time he tried increasing the size of his ad to envelop my blocking walls and I happily returned the ad to him. We went on like that for quite a while, never exchanging a word, then suddenly the ad was gone along with a couple others just like it I had spotted on other sims.

Have had other run ins but my general meh attitude and pffft responses has pretty much neutralized the drama

shy poster

Long ago and far away I became someone's enemy (for a brief day or two) when, as a scorned lover I rezzed as my paramour, stripped him naked of all his avatar parts and deleted every item he owned on his Sim. Then I deleted his entire inventory. It took hours. I terraformed the SIM to an unrecognizable lump. When he awoke irl and logged in he was naked and bald wearing a tshirt that said LOSER, or something like that. SL would not recover his objects because they said it was his fault he shared his log on info. Miraculously I didn't get banned by SL for a second.

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My username , politics, and persona have lent me a few enemies over the years.

-Prokofy Neva and a friend of hers carrying signs about how "The United States Constitution is The Single Greatest Document Ever Written"
in the middle of a linden road because I unknowingly bought property next to her and her friend. It started a cold war, I won the cold war.

-A strange woman who was friends with me for about two months in twenty seventeens, then some sort of mental health thing happened to her and she thought that everyone in Ahern Info hub was secretly reading her IMs somehow and we were all alts of whichever person she hated the most that day. It progressed from that to perverse sexual obsessions, furiously IMing the SOs of everyone in the hub demanding they break up immediately because she thought we were all in some kind of Pizza Gate style "nazi scat pedophile ring", which eventually devolved into desperately trying to find personal info on everyone's health issues and publicly praying(?) that we all die soon. Blocking her didn't help , I think eventually LL got involved because it was getting really perverse and she kept breaking disclosure TOS and alienating new users.

-I am a persona non grata at London City. Every year at the end of summer that sim seems to cull and perma ban whomever is most active in their social area, I don't understand the logic and I don't think I ever will. I am still friends with a lot of current and former moderating staff and I imagine that probably bugs the admins. Oh well, you can't please everyone.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
There was a guy, I don't recall who he was any more, bought a parcel near my First Land and filled it with pictures of roadkill. I put up Invisiprims and waited him out.

When he abandoned his land I bought it and put a giant rabbit in it. It's still there.

Also, Noodle:

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Early on in my Second Life days, I unwittingly made an enemy of someone who was on the "opposite side" in a roleplay sim. Not long after, a whole message board forum showed up that was literally almost all about me and how much I sucked with tons of conspiracy theories about how I was basically ruling the world in that sim. I don't know that the person I'm thinking of started that, but gut instinct told me they did (could be wrong). My policy then and now has always been "ignore that shit". So I did. The threads were full of theories that I was sleeping with people in real life (because a woman can't gain power in real life or a game without doing that, amirite?), had bribed the sim owner, was secretly the sim owner, was secretly the character's main enemy, etc.. I ignored it all and responded to none of it, but felt sick at heart.

After a while, I quit that sim - because who the hell wants to play with a bunch of people who don't know you but really, really hate you? Mind you, I was roleplaying a huge bitch - but I don't think I am one in real life... I think...I hope. Had I been actually doing the things I was accused of, I'd probably hate me, too.

I was sick of heart from what had happened, so I made an alt to try to get past it without re-litigating it over and over. Somehow, a few months later, I was quietly hanging out in my low-key character and someone came up to me and asked "are you xyz?" When I asked why they thought that, I was told that my new "enemy" had told them. I don't know how she found out since I didn't tell a soul and was doing everything I could to be different in appearance and style, but this was back in the time when there were still objects collecting IP addresses, so there is that.

Left that sim. Rinse and repeat. Same story. Same person. New alt ruined. Report it (nothing happened) and left SL for a while. Came back. Rinse and repeat. I was doing everything I could think of to not be recognizable and just settle into some community somewhere. The "enemy" was having none of it. I sometimes wonder how much time she spent tracking me down and what she got out of it. It went on for around 7 years, through multiple reports and losses of friends who were always pointed to that first message board. Throughout this whole time, I felt sick and saddened every time it happened. I left SL multiple times and never spoke to the person about it.

Finally, I started running my own sims again. The person outted me, but I'd grown a bit and basically said "so?" and surprisingly, SL had changed enough that people didn't care that much and took the time to actually see me for my actions (some of which they hated - but at least they were my actual actions) and not through that particular rumor. The person came to the sim and actually apologized to me and said they were wrong at one point. I let them play there - though I was wary because of all the ooc maneuvering they did. Eventually, they didn't get their way in something and went back to spreading rumors. But, again - I've got a tougher hide for that particular kind of thing now.

I haven't had time to do much but make stuff in SL for the past year or so. But, I am sure if/when I go back and join a community it will happen all over again. Don't care much now. But, you have to admire the depth of their malice.

Joined SLU
July 2007
SLU Posts
I think Prokofy might think he's my enemy? He does/did think I'm Tizzers Foxchase for some reason.

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's been a couple of times over 12 years that I seem to have become someone's enemy. Most notably just because of being friends with someone who was the ex of someone else and a friend of theirs decided to start a hate campaign against anyone associated with any of those friends that lasted for months.
Not sure if that makes total sense but they used to just pop up using alts spouting vile anti gay messages using some kind of spam generator that if you blocked or reported, only worked until they logged in with their next alt. Pretty ironic as their main account frequented Trans friendly clubs. It went on for a few months and I used to enjoy sending hugs, kisses and wishing them a nice day or happy xmas/new year on the occasions I received a direct IM instead of losing my temper with them. Somehow that seemed to annoy them but gave me some perverse satisfaction that it upset them.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
It went on for a few months and I used to enjoy sending hugs, kisses and wishing them a nice day or happy xmas/new year on the occasions I received a direct IM instead of losing my temper with them. Somehow that seemed to annoy them but gave me some perverse satisfaction that it upset them.
Love this. If everyone did this trolls would starve.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Sid