Surprise Second Life References

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
So I've lately been binging on Critical Role, an ongoing D&D campaign podcast/vidcast thing. In the episode I just watched, one of the characters found a magic paintbrush and ink that when used will create tangible physical objects. To test out her find she painted a tiny little dick (don't ask, penis graffiti is a theme with this character) and the GM described it coming into existence as a kind of phallic sculpture that then rolled across the floor. Amongst the laughing going on at that point and in response to the disappointment at the lack of "fleshiness," the GM explained that the paint only created facsimiles. That any dicks created weren't going to wave around like they were in Second Life.

I mean, it just came and went out of nowhere with the implication that all or most of the people present would get the reference. This episode of the podcast is only about a year old, so hearing an SL name drop nearly a decade after its heyday really stood out and got me wondering about other possible references.

So here's my question; what surprise Second Life references can you think of? Forget CSI, forget The Office. Have you seen or heard SL being referred to somewhere you didn't ever expect?

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jaque Davison operates the Harps world in Active Worlds and made some comparisons to Second Life in his presentation at the Somerset Harp Festival this past July. I was unaware that he'd been in SL but he had explored it as an option back in the day. Ultimately he decided to stay in Active Worlds because he had a private estate with much more land costing much less monies and he already knew how to build, texture, and import models.