cable Surprise! A Fox channel is doing a show about Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I assume by you mentioning Fox that you think that is why they are doing something on Bill Clinton, but that's not the case - FX is as far from Fox News as you can get, and the series (which is excellent I might add) is produced by Ryan Murphy, who also does American Horror Story, Pose, and did Glee and Nip/Tuck. Both the OJ season and the Gianni Versace murder season were phenomenal - so I have no doubt the next entry will be too.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Zaida Gearbox

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
He also did Scream Queens, which was way better than I expected it to be.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I'd just have expected a program called "crime story" to focus on things like murder (like the OJ Simpson case, which they did, apparently), theft, child abuse (Larry Nassar, anyone?), mob stuff, things like that.
But like I said, the show wasn't on my radar to begin with. I prefer escapist entertainment.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I assume by you mentioning Fox that you think that is why they are doing something on Bill Clinton, but that's not the case - FX is as far from Fox News as you can get, and the series (which is excellent I might add) is produced by Ryan Murphy, who also does American Horror Story, Pose, and did Glee and Nip/Tuck. Both the OJ season and the Gianni Versace murder season were phenomenal - so I have no doubt the next entry will be too.
FX is now owned by Disney.

Zaida Gearbox

I feel really bad for Monica Lewinsky because her life was all but ruined by what happened while Bill Clinton mostly got off Scot free.

Sid

Lurking until the next post
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I feel really bad for Monica Lewinsky because her life was all but ruined by what happened while Bill Clinton mostly got off Scot free.
It takes two to tango.
In the end she could have said something like "Go fuck yourself mister president" and walk out the room when he came with his cigar proposals.
Chances are she liked Bill or was after a steep career move. It was no rape or something.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
It takes two to tango.
In the end she could have said something like "Go fuck yourself mister president" and walk out the room when he came with his cigar proposals.
Chances are she liked Bill or was after a steep career move. It was no rape or something.
The argument was that she was "just a young starstruck intern". But she could've said no, even quit. I seriously doubt whether there would've been any reprisal.

Last edited: