Subway bread is not bread, says Irish court

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Gataeu literally means cake.

But Gataeu can also mean cat, Gato means cat in Spanish.

Sometimes, the same kind of person who will tell you "It's not cake, it's *french word for cake*" will also eat pigeons and snails.

Maybe you're lucky that you didn't take the """"Chocolate Gateau baked cat?""""

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
It is unleavened sponge cake from what I've been able to Google. I'm quite sure my response would have had several Anglo-Saxon based words, some starting with 'f' and (possibly) 'c' along with the word "Shrubbery".

• 1Like
Reactions: EmpressOfCommunism

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
When you didn't grow up on it, a lot of American foodstuffs taste Bizarro World sweet.
As many on VVO know, I spent nearly a week in ICU in a medically induced coma on a ventilator, and even after I was awake, my throat muscles were so weak that I had to continue with a feeding tube. When, at very long last, I was allowed to eat something the old-fashioned way, it was all way too sweet. I tried to eat "unsweetened" apple sauce and kept insisting to the poor nurse that there was no way this was unsweetened, there'd been some mistake in labeling, it tasted like someone had poured sugar on it. And when I went for my swallow test (which I had to pass in order to move on to solid foods), I nearly gagged on the pudding I had to eat for the scan. It tasted like a mouthful of melted sugar, flavored with berries.

My taste buds had undergone a factory reset, and they found modern food to be horribly sweet. Which it is. We just don't realize it.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
As many on VVO know, I spent nearly a week in ICU in a medically induced coma on a ventilator, and even after I was awake, my throat muscles were so weak that I had to continue with a feeding tube. When, at very long last, I was allowed to eat something the old-fashioned way, it was all way too sweet. I tried to eat "unsweetened" apple sauce and kept insisting to the poor nurse that there was no way this was unsweetened, there'd been some mistake in labeling, it tasted like someone had poured sugar on it. And when I went for my swallow test (which I had to pass in order to move on to solid foods), I nearly gagged on the pudding I had to eat for the scan. It tasted like a mouthful of melted sugar, flavored with berries.

My taste buds had undergone a factory reset, and they found modern food to be horribly sweet. Which it is. We just don't realize it.
So, the first summer I was doing keto, I was making 'ice cream' by blending frozen unsweetened strawberries with heavy cream. Came out like soft serve but was plenty sweet.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts

Having cut sugar out my diet as completely as i can. I feel exactly the same way. The more sugar you have, the more you need! It's a vicious circle which we don't need. I'm more than happy with capsicums, cucumber and humous than sugary, pastry snacks. I also love 95% chocolate squares (only 1 a day!) and can even feel they are as sweet tasting as the cadburys milk chocolate i've gorged on most of my life. I get the same kick and feeling from that tiny little square to satisfy my old tastes. Even cheese has a sweetness which i can enjoy, differently to how i used to when sugar was involved. The smell of sugary cakes now makes me wince. I can't even eat the smallest amount now without feeling terrible. It's like falling off the wagon, i need to keep on!

I don't need to lose weight, in fact i'm on the lower side of the BMI range for my height and i find it hard to keep weight on - so calories are important to keep me going. I can't get those from sugar these days.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yeah sugar but also Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I mean! The same thing happens with salt. We've been cooking and seasoning with various herbs and spices for several years. It seems now like a few grains of salt overwhelm a dish.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Yeah sugar but also Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I mean! The same thing happens with salt. We've been cooking and seasoning with various herbs and spices for several years. It seems now like a few grains of salt overwhelm a dish.
I hear you on the salt. I haven't put salt on my food in ages, and tend to reduce how much I put into the food when cooking. And then there's the restaurants that oversalt the hell out of their food (I'm looking at you, Applebee's)!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Khamon

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Be careful, if you cut your salt intake make sure you get enough iodine somewhere else. My thyroid wishes I had.

You don't need much, you do need some.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Now this is how you make Subway bread healthy...