Strange tech yearnings

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I don't know why because I truly have no use at all for something like this, and the cost alone makes it a no way no how for me, but...I want it.

When the power goes out or you’re visiting the great outdoors with gadgets in tow, you might carry a portable power station — and Anker might have just released the most advanced one yet. The new $1,400 Anker 757 Powerhouse offers 1500W of power and 1229Wh of capacity from a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, which it promises is faster to charge, longer-lasting, and might even be safer than the lithium-ion battery packs you’ll typically find in the market.
Also, this photo that accompanies the article...

I've always wanted a combo UPS / CPAP power supply. :kittyball:

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Did they actually film that video in slo-mo?

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't know why because I truly have no use at all for something like this, and the cost alone makes it a no way no how for me, but...I want it.

Also, this photo that accompanies the article...

I can't afford it either but I'd love to have it. When the power goes out, we lose water too because the well pump can't operate. I'd like it for that if for no other reason.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
We bought a power supply for cons, because in the long run [two-three cons] it will save a good bit of money.

Then we realized we could get one of the solar power supplies to replace our generator we got during Sally, because we do have someone on a cpap, plus no power when folks work from home, and keeping things charged via a car is not as efficient.

So we're thinking of the solar charged power supplies.

• 2Like
Reactions: Kalel and Rose Karuna

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Also, living in a relatively small apartment, I don't have different rooms for tv, visitors, and dining room. I have a large open space for everything and a bedroom. I hate how the television becomes so central visually.

Wouldn't mind having this to tuck away whenever I needed to...

• 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Also, living in a relatively small apartment, I don't have different rooms for tv, visitors, and dining room. I have a large open space for everything and a bedroom. I hate how the television becomes so central visually.

Neat. Though £100,000 price tag.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Instead of one that scrolls out of sight, how about a transparent tv?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Kalel

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts

Price and specs just a little smaller than the Jackery 1500 (1800W/1534Wh/$1700).

This one is way overkill for CPAP... my wife uses a Jackery 300 for hers.

Aribeth Zelin they also have matching folding solar panels.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Price and specs just a little smaller than the Jackery 1500 (1800W/1534Wh/$1700).

This one is way overkill for CPAP... my wife uses a Jackery 300 for hers.

Aribeth Zelin they also have matching folding solar panels.
Yup, we were thinking two battery/supplies and one set of solar panels, but it might be a little while [or not - this is supposed to be another busy season]

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Occasionally I feel like I want a current gen game console but then I remind myself that I bought a PS3, at the end of it's life (more or less) and still only played maybe 100 hours on it in the past many years.

Basically, I like playing PC games, or like, 2D Mario games, which I already have to play on the 3DS.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Yup, we were thinking two battery/supplies and one set of solar panels, but it might be a little while [or not - this is supposed to be another busy season]
On a CPAP myself, I've read that marine batteries are pretty much the standard for CPAP standby power. You'll want to do your own research though, as this was a while back and I didn't take any notes.

Last edited:

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Occasionally I feel like I want a current gen game console but then I remind myself that I bought a PS3, at the end of it's life (more or less) and still only played maybe 100 hours on it in the past many years.

Basically, I like playing PC games, or like, 2D Mario games, which I already have to play on the 3DS.
Why don't you get yourself a Retro pie? RetroPie

There are some really nice hardware builds around for that, and the amount of retro games you can run on it are phenomenal.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Soen Eber