"Straight Pride" parade being planned by incel Nazi looney:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Obviously, those involved with SHFA are engaged in a massive wind-up, although they probably believe that they’re making an astute game-changing point about identity politics and that straight men are oppressed in these politically correct times. I’m sure there are corners of the dark net where such musings would be applauded by gruff, mysteriously single, MAGA baseball cap-wearing men, when they’re not complaining about frigid modern women or researching sarin gas.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
To be fair, I can not imaging a universe where someone wants to fuck Milo so maybe it is just he is not queer.
I think there needs to be a word for people in disenfranchised groups who don't realize that encouraging xenophobic ideologies will eventually turn on them. This also applies to immigrants who hate immigrants from other nations.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I think there needs to be a word for people in disenfranchised groups who don't realize that encouraging xenophobic ideologies will eventually turn on them. This also applies to immigrants who hate immigrants from other nations.
Oh, there are plenty of them. Trans people who insist they are are not like 'those other' trans people and are basically non-cis TERFs. Then there are other trans people who ally with groups opposed to the trans community in general.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez
Oh, there are plenty of them. Trans people who insist they are are not like 'those other' trans people and are basically non-cis TERFs. Then there are other trans people who ally with groups opposed to the trans community in general.
Yeah, I mean there needs to be one universal name... something like "race traitor" but more generalized for the LGBT+ community or religions. Something like "Demographic traitor" but preferably something that rolls off the tongue, but also something that doesn't sound "cool."

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Yeah, I mean there needs to be one universal name... something like "race traitor" but more generalized for the LGBT+ community or religions. Something like "Demographic traitor" but preferably something that rolls off the tongue, but also something that doesn't sound "cool."
How about just "self-hating asshole"?
I don't like "race traitor" side is used a lot by white supremacists to describe actual sane human beings.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
“Internalized homophobia” is a term seen a lot, but it can also apply to people who are uncomfortable internally, but don’t outwardly do anything wrong.

Kyriarchal language definitely has gaps in it and that makes it hard to describe things. For example, a woman who is a sexist is still a sexist, but many people have the misconception that only men can be sexist, as if sexism was a feature of maleness rather than of ideology.

So I would look for a term that shows how bad ideology leads to abusive and exploitative behavior.

There are also plenty of people with bad character who will take advantage of circumstances, but aren’t informed enough to be ideologues. Kyriarchy is always corruption. But I don’t have good descriptive words for the individuals.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Police at Pride is a problem for historical reasons, when the original Stonewall riot was against police abuse, and because homophobic and transphobic abuse by police still goes on. There are so many hard Right people among the police that even if they were there to restrain the fascists, it still gives the appearance that they were marching with them. If the police department doesn’t bother to communicate otherwise, this is the message they are giving.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Quisling?

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
Relatedly...watching the first episode of 'Good Omens' on Amazon, I was amazed and tickled to death to see that they cast black actors as Adam and Eve. I actually yelled at the TV, 'Omgod Yessss!'

Then I wondered how many viewers would be just as pissed about it as I was happy.
Honestly, I don't think many of those people are fans of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman in the first place.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Police at Pride is a problem for historical reasons, when the original Stonewall riot was against police abuse, and because homophobic and transphobic abuse by police still goes on. There are so many hard Right people among the police that even if they were there to restrain the fascists, it still gives the appearance that they were marching with them. If the police department doesn’t bother to communicate otherwise, this is the message they are giving.
True, although I would caveat it: IF the person has a good relationship with the community (extra points for a LGBT+ liaison unit that also has a good relationship) then I have no problem with them being at LGBT events.

For example, the head of the DC LGBT liaison unit used to be a sergeant by the name of Brett. EVERYONE knew who "sergeant Brett" was, even after he had long since been promoted from that rank. What is more he seemed to know everyone else in return, even if he had not run into them in years.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
True, although I would caveat it: IF the person has a good relationship with the community (extra points for a LGBT+ liaison unit that also has a good relationship) then I have no problem with them being at LGBT events.

For example, the head of the DC LGBT liaison unit used to be a sergeant by the name of Brett. EVERYONE knew who "sergeant Brett" was, even after he had long since been promoted from that rank. What is more he seemed to know everyone else in return, even if he had not run into them in years.
London Gay Pride 2016:

The officer standing behind him at one point (can't make out her rank but she's in full dress uniform for what looks like a reasonably senior one) is jumping up and down with delight and excitement, like a little kiddie!

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
London Gay Pride 2016:

The officer standing behind him at one point (can't make out her rank but she's in full dress uniform for what looks like a reasonably senior one) is jumping up and down with delight and excitement, like a little kiddie!
Ok, your city wins.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Social media spoils everything -- seeing them so happy and in love, and the crowd and the cops cheering gave me a real lift, and then, wondering if I could find out more about the story, I had a quick look with Google, and soon came across this:

Sometimes I would love to get my hands on some of the people who post hateful messages and try to spoil the happiness of people they've never met.

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
On the entire name thing...

One already exists and is universal no matter the group: Idiot

Fucking Idiot if you want to add flavor.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
On the entire name thing...

One already exists and is universal no matter the group: Idiot

Fucking Idiot if you want to add flavor.
That's for the people--the majority, I would hope--who are fine with a celebration full of LGBTQ+ folks. However, the incels of the thread title are probably not, and want their safe space. 👶🏻👶🏼🍼