"Straight Pride" parade being planned by incel Nazi looney:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
"brutally oppressed" straight people... How so? Because they're being forced to acknowledge non-straight people exist and have rights too, and it challenges their narrow world view?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
"brutally oppressed" straight people... How so? Because they're being forced to acknowledge non-straight people exist and have rights too, and it challenges their narrow world view?
Milo is a sad grifter. His grift is being a member of a minority group who says stuff to delight the alt-right by telling them they're the true victims of oppression, thus, in their view, "pwning the libs" for them.

He's rather like Candace Owen or Diamond and Silk only they're black and, since their grifts are not yet in ruins, clearly better at it than is he.

Milo's grift is interesting. If you're a Brit, it's obvious that it's all a performance that he doesn't take at all seriously, and, at least to my mind, his pride and his contempt for his patrons (and probably himself, too) cause him to keep making the fatal mistake of signalling this to the wider audience, since he craves their admiration, too, and since he doesn't want them to think he actually has anything in common with the rubes and hicks he's trying to con.

He's modelling his act, I think, on a combination of Julian Clary and Ann Coulter, but he's not as polished or as funny as either of them, and trying to combine the two just doesn't work.

Even his notorious schtick about pedophile priests that caused his downfall wasn't original. I remember the late Simon Raven making exactly that same joke about it not being sexual assault because he and most of the other boys enjoyed it immensely when talking about his experiences with one particular teacher when he was a pupil at Charterhouse (very posh and brainy English public (i.e. private) school).

It was in an interview on a BBC radio arts programme back in the late 80s or early 90s. I recall it because I was a great fan of Raven's novels and, since the sexual abuse of children was very much in the news at the time, I wondered what the reaction would be.

Raven could get away with that kind of thing, though, partly because in those pre-internet days neither Raven nor his publishers had social media to worry about and partly because times were different then and he was from a different age completely. He was also a very talented novelist and writer who understood perfectly how to do stylish and witty ironic detachment -- something Milo wishes he could manage but simply doesn't have the sort of panache to carry off.

Last edited:

Han Held

It's all part of my Rococo N Roll Fantasy
Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
"This mild inconvience is JUST LIKE the holocaust, JUST LIKE IT!" -right wing nutjobs everywhere

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Han Held

It's all part of my Rococo N Roll Fantasy
Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I totally believe you, Innula Zenovka -but I can't bring myself to watch (or read) enough of Milo to have caught the signalling. Then again, being USian it probably would have gone over my head anyway.

I wonder if he's self aware enough to realize we catch that he hates the rubes and himself ...?

Jopsy Pendragon

Nature: You break it? You 'buy it'.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"This mild inconvience is JUST LIKE the holocaust, JUST LIKE IT!" -right wing nutjobs everywhere
Which many of them deny existed, making it the comparison, from their factless alternate reality... true?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Han Held

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
"Due to a scheduling conflict, our former mascot is no longer available. "

Lol. "WTF is this, take my picture off your site" is a scheduling conflict...

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I totally believe you, Innula Zenovka -but I can't bring myself to watch (or read) enough of Milo to have caught the signalling. Then again, being USian it probably would have gone over my head anyway.

I wonder if he's self aware enough to realize we catch that he hates the rubes and himself ...?
Good question. I'm not even sure that people like you and me feature in his mental universe. We're not part of his audience or social and business networks, or one of his creditors, so why bother?

If you're interested, Laurie Penny has written several interesting articles about him and his political milieu in 2015--16, including

and

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, critical thinking is pretty much only taught in college (I actually had a whole class on critical thinking as part of my degree program), and most of the right-wing nut jobs out there who so desperately need it have not only never attended college, but firmly believe college manufactures liberals.
To be fair it does ...... because it is the first time most kids have been free of direct parental influence and are given the critical thinking tools to make their own decisions. Which says a lot that the only way they can keep kids following their train of thought is if they are literally under their thumbs until adulthood.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Once you name Milo your...Grand Marshal, your parade is no longer all that straight.
To be fair, I can not imaging a universe where someone wants to fuck Milo so maybe it is just he is not queer.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Han Held

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
To be fair, I can not imaging a universe where someone wants to fuck Milo so maybe it is just he is not queer.
Huh? He's queerer than a champagne marmalade Oreo cookie. Which is something you also shouldn't want to fuck.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Huh? He's queerer than a champagne marmalade Oreo cookie. Which is something you also shouldn't want to fuck.
A champagne marmalade Oreo cookie sounds pretty disgusting. But, yeah, this is Milo we're talking about.