std::string str ("Nobody cares about development...");

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
In 99% of the cases the truth is that the developer thinks he made a good UI, while in fact he did not.
99% is an interesting statistic - it means effectively all UI developers are awful at their job.

Got anything to back it up?

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I think I actually understand this one! Because he forgot to put "free" in the loop to free up memory that isn't being used, malloc (which is the memory allocator I think), keeps malloc-ing more memory as the loop repeats. Eventually the memory used exceeds a limit of some kind and causes the crash.
Yes that's the idea. It's just a joke though. Normally if you run out of memory, windows will terminate your program with an out of memory error such as with this python script:

Code:
x='abcde'
while(1):
    x=x+x
Also whatever is used to make the movie screen grab would be quite remarkable to grab the blue screen of death into the movie.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yes that's the idea. It's just a joke though. Normally if you run out of memory, windows will terminate your program with an out of memory error
Which means that , though it is funny, it's not really a joke when you're doing actual development. Windows (or any OS) should not be terminating your app because you don't know how to manage memory.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Which means that , though it is funny, it's not really a joke when you're doing actual development. Windows (or any OS) should not be terminating your app because you don't know how to manage memory.
What else do you think windows should do? If you ask for a million terabytes of memory windows can't very well give it to you so it needs to terminate your app so you can fix it.

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
What else do you think windows should do?
Manage windows.

The point I was making is, if you build an app and Windows is constantly terminating it to free up memory, then you built it wrong. (Which is kind of the joke from the image I posted!)

Is that how one wants to exit a program? :flail:

• 1Agree
Reactions: Essence Lumin

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Usually the compiler or run-time environment should catch this [infinite loops] early and produce a warning. Well, unless it's some skaggy interpreter that's not doing its job or was instructed not to do its job for reasons of optimization or sheer laziness, and there are still plenty of ways to fail anyways.