Yay! Starship Troopers Extermination!

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This game Just entered early access and is getting alot of attention!

the matches are quick can be done in 10-20 minutes... the game does crash and has its fair share of bugs... ( big B and little b) But nothing like the rush of building a Adhoc base to protect you and fellow squamates from the overwhelming force and racing to the extraction point. Bug Juices everywhere.

and of course everyone in proximity chat.. quoting movie lines the entire time!

Last edited:

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This game Just entered early access and is getting alot of attention!

the matches are quick can be done in 10-20 minutes... the game does crash and has its fair share of bugs... ( big B and little b) But nothing like the rush of building a Adhoc base to project you and fellow squamates from the overwhelming force and racing to the extraction point. Bug Juices everywhere.

and of course everyone in proximity chat.. quoting movie lines the entire time!

I remember that, in the book, the troopers were all trained in and equipped with powered armor. What's the game's explanation for all troopers having no powered armor? The powered armor was a major technological feature of the book.

• 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Cindy Claveau and Lexxi

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
I remember that, in the book, the troopers were all trained in and equipped with powered armor. What's the game's explanation for all troopers having no powered armor? The powered armor was a major technological feature of the book.
Because it is based on the film not the book, that's why.

“Would you like to know more?“

• 1Yay!
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi and WolfEyes

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Nobody really knows the book, but all do know the movie by Paul Verhoeven. So will this be for sure not the only thing different.

BTW the trailer gives me serious Zerg rush vibes against the Terrans in Star Craft.

• 1Agree
  • 1WTF??
Reactions: Khamon and Lexxi

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
your the second person to ask me this! ( and won't be the last) Unfortunately i haven't seen any road map as of yet... allot of discussions ( and alot of movie quotes)

right now the big concern is content..

They already confirmed there will be no mod support. or community servers... some people are questioning the longevity of the game and is asking them to reconsider.

this just came out so i'm sure there will be more answers as they get over the inital release stage and Bugs.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and Rose Karuna

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Nobody really knows the book, but all do know the movie by Paul Verhoeven. So will this be for sure not the only thing different.

BTW the trailer gives me serious Zerg rush vibes against the Terrans in Star Craft.
It won awards (Hugo for best novel in 1960) and stuff, and was best selling. And someone knew enough about it to make a movie series based loosely on it.

Starship Troopers brought to an end Heinlein's series of juvenile novels. It became one of his best-selling books, and is considered his most widely known work. It won the Hugo Award for Best Novel in 1960,

• 2Agree
Reactions: Cindy Claveau and Govi

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
The book basically postulated a society where only those who were willing to sacrifice and place the lives of others before themselves, to serve in some way, were worthy of voting. This comes from Heinlein's (libertarian?) politics and his non-combat service during WW II. It wasn't exclusively military / first responders, medical test subjects were listed as one qualifying path. IMO the ultimate consequences of potentially enabling a two class society was whitewashed out; he might have been using Sparta and/or Prussia as one of his role models.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Because it is based on the film not the book, that's why.

“Would you like to know more?“
The game takes place decades after the movie. Why powered armor wasn't in the movie is probably due to money. It would have cost a lot more.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
The book basically postulated a society where only those who were willing to sacrifice and place the lives of others before themselves, to serve in some way, were worthy of voting. This comes from Heinlein's (libertarian?) politics and his non-combat service during WW II. It wasn't exclusively military / first responders, medical test subjects were listed as one qualifying path. IMO the ultimate consequences of potentially enabling a two class society was whitewashed out; he might have been using Sparta and/or Prussia as one of his role models.
I remember reading the book and knowing that it was my first look inside a future Ayn Randian "realist" society. Like many other sociological ideas, it looks great in print but once it rubs up against human nature it needs help.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Official Launch Date is October 11th...and it's on console too. Crossplay enabled so we can all do our part. They got Casper Van Diem to voice General Johnny Rico!
Would You Like to Know More?

• 1Like
Reactions: Kalel

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
The concept kind of makes me think of Fortnite's original Save The World concept.

• 1Agree
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan