speedlight.io ???

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
So this was brought up into discussion SpeedLight viewer and we are confused on whom runs it or how much it costs.

any one heard of it?

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
⏰ Entering my account data into a web application? Er, no thanks. As much as I dislike contact with them... someone better tell the Lindens... :confusedcat:

• 1Like
Reactions: Andi

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
⏰ Entering my account data into a web application? Er no thanks. As much as I dislike contact with them... someone better tell the Lindens... :confusedcat:
I just saw that myself and went NOPE. I was reading the documents only and had not poked the actual login. must think I'm nuts they do.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I would log into an official LL web viewer - but I will not even risk an alt for this one. Bummer, because after Radegast dropped Linux I am still looking for one that runs on my Raspberries.

Their ToS state fees, so it looks like it is a new competitor to Bright Canopy... Another service I don't dare to use.

Look at this thread, LindenLab. If you want to sell more premiums... offer a free web viewer for premium - there is demand for this kind of stuff and it sure would convince a heck of people to upgrade.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
I did not even see that LOL.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
I tried to check out their site through Tor and a new SL name. Their I am not a robot stuff is absurd. Find the traffic lights, motorcycles. Sorry we didn't like your new SL name do it again. Then again. Fuck that shit.

Liru

Singularity Viewer Developer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I dunno, 2011?
Also there's this: IM history encryption
"Pay us money and we'll give you a box that we promise keeps your IM history a secret!"
I was excited to see a modern web viewer show up, bummer it's just this.

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
LIsten, don't blab this around, but I can let you in on the EASY method that lets me keep my avatar offline 24/7 for HALF what these guys want to charge you.

THE LINDEN LABS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW THIS SIMPLE SECRET!

ACT NOW!!!! I WON'T BE MAKING THIS OFFER FOREVER!!!!!! SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1LOL
  • 1Winner
Reactions: Sid and Fionalein

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
Also there's this: IM history encryption
"Pay us money and we'll give you a box that we promise keeps your IM history a secret!"
I was excited to see a modern web viewer show up, bummer it's just this.
Yeah and linden lab has said no to encrytped im's. unless the developers are willing to provide ways of decryption. this was many years ago, any viewer that did have it, removed it quiet quickly.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I would log into an official LL web viewer - but I will not even risk an alt for this one. Bummer, because after Radegast dropped Linux I am still looking for one that runs on my Raspberries.
I have not tried in a while, does it not run with Mono?