Spam and community

Han Held

Maybe things are different, maybe they're the same
SL Rez
Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
Hi, Cris. The community sub forum seems to be a favorite target of spammers -though maybe I only notice it there.

Do you think it would be possible to up the number of posts (maybe 10 or 20) needed to unlock the community forum? I'm probably just being a wuss; but the idea of some spammer coming in where we share personal stuff bothers me deeply.

Thanks either way! :flower:

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Excellent idea

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
But but the great thing about it is, since the subforum is invisible to everyone unless they're logged into the site, their scuzzy little efforts to attract the attention of search engines is an absolute waste of time. Sometimes I think we should leave spam posted there and use the threads for goof posting, mocking and lolcats.

Sid

Doctors found traces of blood in my coffee stream.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If they were reading here, they would drop their keto-sh*t in out keto thread.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Most of the spam I have to deal with at night are for Keto, but there's also a lot for testosterone boosters for guys with ED - a funny thing to be spamming on a female-dominated forum. It shows they're not actually reading any of our posts. Like Cris said, they register, drop their turds, and leave. I'm pretty sure there's not even a human behind these spam bots.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Sid

Doctors found traces of blood in my coffee stream.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I think they spam mainly to be caught by one of the google bots that crawl trough websites, in the hope to get a better ranking in google.
They don't care if we read it , as long as there is a chance google does its job before the spam hunter does.