Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Am I the only one annoyed when shows have most ads way ahead of time but you usually can only add things to a dvr 13 days in advance? By the time I can add a show to my dvr all sorts of stuff has intervened.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Am I the only one annoyed when shows have most ads way ahead of time but you usually can only add things to a dvr 13 days in advance? By the time I can add a show to my dvr all sorts of stuff has intervened.
Complaining about an embarrassment of riches is a pretty normal human response. DVR limits notwithstanding.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Complaining about an embarrassment of riches is a pretty normal human response. DVR limits notwithstanding.
This being on netflix is not the best example but there have been several great shows that blew out on advertising a month in advance then nothing in the dvr window.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Finished watching "space force", liked it more than I expected, normally I find Steve Carell too grating to watch for long.

I get the impression they were trying for kind of a *West Wing" vibe... But with more singing for some reason.

I hear it's not doing well though, so who knows his if there will be a next season.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I sort of like it, yet...It's supposed to be grounded in present day, but some of the sciencey bits don't feel like it.

For example, if they had set it 15 or so years in the future, stuff like the Chinese attack satellite might have caused me less eye rolling.

Also, I'm not laughing at the show as much as I suspect they want me to. 😒

• 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Markubis

I tried watching it and finished one or two episodes. Its not hooking me and I found that I had to force myself to find the comedy.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I love Steve Carrell and I'm always up for a science-fiction comedy. Sadly I think I laughed once. I wanted to like this show, but I barely made it through the first episode. The second episode started and I realized that even in the middle of a pandemic, walled up alive, I have better things to do than watch this show. Click.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The show worked for me. I was a bit meh until the "Congressional Budget Review" bit, but warmed up to it because of it.

There's a lot of stuff in there that probably wouldn't seem amusing to people with little or no military exposure, but as a military brat, it worked for me. I can't watch The Office, Steve Carell's character makes me wince and cringe so profoundly that it's just too painful. His character in Space Force is, while scientifically challenged, a reasonably capable commander and father. Something early episodes didn't do well to establish.

I dunno, it felt more like a light drama with occasional bits of levity thrown in. I found myself actually liking most of the characters in it, despite their flaws.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
My brother loved it and recommended it to me. Not sure if it’s for me... although I do like Steve Carell.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I love Steve Carrell and I'm always up for a science-fiction comedy. Sadly I think I laughed once. I wanted to like this show, but I barely made it through the first episode. The second episode started and I realized that even in the middle of a pandemic, walled up alive, I have better things to do than watch this show. Click.
It is a slow burn. The beginning is meh but by the end it is worth it.