Social Media is for the Birds #nobodycares

Jopsy Pendragon

. LOCK . HIM . UP .
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Not to victim blame, kids can be awful, but it does raise the question of what (if anything) might have happened that provoked this level of hate/disrespect. Other than the regular old collapse of the illusion of human decency, civilization and manners. (Thank you TFG for being a role model for budding young sociopathic narcissists).

On the other hand... given how badly kids treat each other online, maybe crossing this line will result in some policy changes that help curb it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Monica Dream

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
Not to victim blame, kids can be awful, but it does raise the question of what (if anything) might have happened that provoked this level of hate/disrespect.
I wouldn't assume anything, but that is still a fair point and it should be considered and looked into -definitely.

Monica Dream

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
I haven't seen this covered in the news, and I don't expect to. But facebook is now censoring posts warning about project 2025.

I think this because twice I have tried to share Robert Reich's post on it, and then the post spins and spins but never actually. posts.

Facebook has started putting a warning under project 2025 posts saying that the claims are exaggerated and false and pointing to a 'fact checking' website.

That website is "The Dispatch" which is a far right online rag.

SOoooooooooo that's a thing that's happening.

[edit]This is the facebook post that you're not allowed share: the unshareable Robert Reich post

• 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Free

Monica Dream

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
I got around it by posting the link to his post in my feed, instead of 'sharing'. I also got a scary warning that my posts will be pushed down in people's feed from now on, too.

• 1WTF??
Reactions: Govi