• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Hold on, now. You made friends on Myspace???

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
NSLF

A new generation of Kardashians is taking over TikTok
On October 17, 2021, a TikTok account called @blah445087 posted a slapdash compilation of Kylie Cosmetics products, rolling California mountains, and a mirror reflection of a girl in all pink, face obstructed by a phone. Commenters quickly sussed out the creator’s secret identity: “penelope?” “Is this P?” “SHES 9 WHAT SHES LIVING MY DREAM.”

The creator is Penelope Disick, Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick’s middle child, a 9-year-old with a full acrylic nail set and access to the kind of wealth most people only experience through a screen. After some drama—TikTok’s age minimum is 13—she refreshed her handle to @pandkourt and added “Account managed by an adult” to her bio. She’s already amassed 2.6 million followers. Kim and Kanye’s 8-year-old daughter North entered the scene on Thanksgiving weekend with the account @kimandnorth. She’s at 3.7 million followers.

Free

Chatting with JFK Jr.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

bubblesort

Reddit's /r/popular page is maybe around 75% about /r/antiwork going private right now. Why did they go private? They had a bad Fox interview with one of the mods. I hate the /r/subredditdrama subreddit, but this is one of the rare situations where it's useful to read them, if you want to know what's going on.

Here's the SRD thread about /r/antiwork going private.

Here's video of the Fox interview in question:

I know, that interview isn't really bad enough to justify the sub going private, but it looks like there is some infighting among the mods that came to a head over the interview. The interview was probably the last straw in a conflict that has been simmering for a while now.

If I put the politics of this interview aside, I love watching it, and picking apart what's happening. To give a little background... the moderator is non-binary, and they do have autism. It's a disaster of an interview, but I think it's as much of a disaster for Fox as it is for the moderator. The moderator clearly has no media training, and their idea of how people talk on camera comes more from Twitch than from TV. The moderator is so annoying to look at, with their grainy camera, and crazy movement, and background that's weird for TV news. I think the Fox interviewer cut the interview short after taking a few cheap shots, just to get them off the screen. It's fun to think about how the moderator would avoid this, though. I mean, if you had a day to prep the moderator for this interview, to get them ready to go in and destroy that Fox news reporter, then what would you tell them? I can think of a million things, but I don't want to write a novel here.

Politically, I don't think /r/antiwork was ever as popular on reddit as a lot of people think. I think most redditors wrote them off as fringe Marxists a long time ago. I think they do good work, though. They spread awareness of the few worker's rights we have in America, and tactics we can all use to play hardball to win concessions from employers. They will be back, I just hope this experience hasn't driven the moderation team to self-destruct.