Social Fraud in Second Life (European Citizen)

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Noodles, I do agree - many countries are manipulating their official unemployment statistics and other embarrassing stuff as well, to make it look quite much better than reality is. This is something, which America has in common with dozens of other countries as well, and not only the PRC, but also many European countries as well.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
This is not manipulation of the unemployment rate. It is a common measurement that many countries use to make comparisons possible. Which is why economists (aside from the television variety) look at multiple numbers to get a full picture of employment such as the unemployment rate, the workforce participation rate, the number of citizens above retirement age, college enrollment, the institutionalized population, and the percentage of the population below the age of 18.

Republicans took to attacking the unemployment rate because it was improving under Obama, so they tried to shift the goalposts by talking about workforce participation because that rate was going down due to retiring baby boomers. The unemployment rate is a useful number, it just isn't the only useful number.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I received a message from the OP asking me to close the thread because the authorities are now involved and it is a legal matter. He also admonished me for how terrible we all are for not caring. Anyway, carry on.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I received a message from the OP asking me to close the thread because the authorities are now involved and it is a legal matter. He also admonished me for how terrible we all are for not caring. Anyway, carry on.
Lousy troll but they seem to have found a way to turn it into a real popcorn fest.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I gave you a beer because there is no vodka reaction button.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
On another side note, you have no idea if they are even cashing out those L$ completely. L$ have absolutely zero monetary value. They could make 1,000,000 L$ per day (somehow) and not be breaking any of these income laws if they aren't ever cashing out.
True, I have had paid accounts for over a decade now but the last time I actually bought anything inworld was years ago. Every once in awhile I just chuck a few thou at one charity or another.

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
Since the OP is obviously still reading ....

No, you never contacted the authorities and even if you did, they'd have laughed their asses off at your sheer idiocy, seeing as you have no reliable information beyond a Second Life user name - period.

This isn't the Linden run forum: We're not required to be nice to you nor did anyone at all have to give you the benefit of the doubt - suck it the fuck up.

Threads are not closed here unless there's a very fucking good reason. You pretending you've gone to "the authorities" won't get it closed. A nicely worded request will not get it closed. You'll have to do much, much better than that.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
RuPaul is the perfect reaction button for that. :)

Salome

Vermicious Knid
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Fuck I don't remember
You should hold raffles allowing the winners to respond to messages like that.

I’d enter.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I really want to take the time to thank you a lot for that post as I feel it is very well thought through. I wasn't looking for mob justice or anything, just potential legal advice of people that have some kind of sense for justice. I do understand that people go to SL for different reasons, even understand people who earn money on top of what they have but deliberately fooling people into believing a heartwarming or heartbreaking story to make a buck out of them is unethical and, in Germany, against the law, at least the part where you pay out while on social care where you aren't allowed to earn more than a certain amount monthly.
There's one burning question you still haven't answered (or maybe you have by now; I'm still on page 3): Why do you care so much? I mean, it's obviously eating you up inside, to the point where you've gone above and beyond the call of duty to gather "evidence" of this supposed wrongdoing - and, to be honest, I still hold serious doubt you know even part of the full story. So, if not for a chance at mob justice, what gives here? What is your stake in this?

Can we discuss the side issue of how shitty it is social welfare programs have limits of what you can earn/save?

It basically ensures poor people can never attempt to get ahead at all. As soon as they start to get ahead, then their basic support system will fall away just making the worse off or at best the same as they were. I mean I don't have a problem with it eventually falling off, but it's so rediculously low it feels impossible.

FWIW, I say this coming from once making $25k/year before I got a better job paying considerably better and using social welfare programs. You never quite manager to ever get ahead without a sudden boost (like way better employment).
This. So much this. It is rules like this is why so many people have such a hard time getting off of welfare, and I see it's not just a US problem, apparently. And it's not just welfare; my oldest son gets SSI-disability. If he manages to accumulate more in his bank account than is "allowed", SSI demands to know why, and threatens to cut him off. Seriously, this is bullshit. I can understand tapering off benefits as income increases, but this is bullshit!

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Damn, I always miss all the fun!

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
If I ignore a thread does that mean I care?