Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
Sep 19, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I have played Fortnite a few times (I actually bought into the early access for what became the save the world mode), and it can be fun, but I don't get how in the freaking hell it has exploded into this crazy thing. It has zero progression and you seem to do the same thing over and over again. Am I missing something?

Sep 20, 2018
Canada
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
All I know is that three of my coworkers constantly complain about how addicted their kids are to it, and how they are neglecting everything from chores to sleep to personal hygiene because of it.

There was also a discussion I read recently about some sports team coaches threatening to kick some players off teams (15 to 19 year olds) if they play it because it’s causing the players to miss practice

There have been lots of popular games over the years and I can’t say I ever recall this kind of reaction.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Fizzy!💀🎃⚧
Sep 19, 2018
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I won a match by hiding until around 10 people were left, then ran around while the people who were trying to shoot me got shot.

It was down to me and the last guy, he had high ground and was about to take me out, then he died from fall damage.

Haven't played it in about a month, kinda meh about it, trying to shoot people who build little forts around themselves IMMEDIATELY anytime they hear a gunshot is kinda annoying.

Jumping and forting, just droves of people jumping and forting. strating so hxc 360 no scope gaming when it's that obvious, it's boring.

Sep 26, 2018
Central Illinois
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
I play the ORIGINAL Fortnite, the Save the World mode, NOT the Johnny-come-lately Battle Royale mode. It's popular because it's a Battle Royale game that with the pixar-ish visuals passes the "Mom looks at game to see if it has sex/blood/pentagrams" test. The game is T-rated and these BRats shouldn't even be playing! A plague on the game they are, bah!

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Miami,FL
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I also did early access i don't see it either.. theres tons of games with Pixar look... why this one has the most attention.. what do they see we adults cannot that causes them to neglect real life? or maybe people are just not apart of their kids lifes...(cause we ourselves are sucked into our own world via our phones and such)

I don't know what brainwashing technique they are using but i would love to know!

Sep 21, 2018
People have been spamming basically wrote copies of de_dust on (whatever the latest version of counter strike is) for almost 20 years.

Sep 26, 2018
It's popular, because Battle Royale is the latest big gaming trend, it provides decent entertainment and its is free to play, so many just can try it contrary to the old 800 pound gorilla of the genre, PUBG.

It is either a love or dislike relationship, with not much in between. And many people like it, because it provides a fun and solid solo queue experience, contrary to many other games, just think Overwatch solo queue, good luck with that one.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Sep 20, 2018
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez