So Apparently IMVU Is Huge

southwesternwitch

I actually really enjoy IMVU and have jumped back on for the first time in a while. I'm so glad I did. It inspires my creativity and I can put together my original characters. It's interesting too see the ideas from my head being translated to the screen. For me, the platform is mainly used for RP. If I go to a room specifically made for that, I rarely (if ever) get hit on by creepy dudes. The chat rooms have a myriad of control where, if the admins see that sort of behavior, they usually kick the offender pretty quick. Here's an example of my fae character. She's a hoot. I would add my other OCs, but she's who I'm currently using on IMVU.

Trilo

I thought IMVU was intriguing. Like a lot of people, I heard of it years ago and I think I dismissed it after my initial investigation gave me the impression it was a mostly anime styled community. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just isn't a style I'm personally interested in. I'd heard more about it in recent years, including the gangbusters numbers they're reportedly pulling in for monthly active and concurrent (it tops anything SL has ever dreamt of achieving).

I forged ahead and tried to give it a shot. I registered, downloaded clients, and tried to investigate their program for content creators. One exists, but I didn't find a lot of information readily available. I think it may exist, but is likely behind the paywall of premium membership. I figured that I would spend some time getting to know what I could do with the free account, and then bite the bullet and sign on for premium in the hopes that maybe my gf and I could make a go of our virtual clothing business in that market.

It's entirely possible that I was doing it wrong, but my experience felt very much like some kind of dating site. Everything seemed to be gamified (even filling out the user profile) and a lot of thought has been given to monetization (not necessarily a bad thing), but the vibe that I got was that it was all about matchmaking and skewed to a significantly younger audience. The only experiences I got to seemed like glorified chat rooms, it felt a little like a virtual singles bar (I'm fine with fun and flirty, but I got more of a meat market vibe). I gave up and haven't really looked back, but southwesternwitch 's posts make me want to carve out some time and try again sometime.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
One of my characters was a sentient meteor crater. It was created by a meteor impact randomly creating a pattern of cracks that formed a sentient AI when water trickled through them. Yes, silly and basically impossible, but it was a lot of fun. One time a bunch of people decided to sit in me so I obligingly filled with hot water to become a sentient hot tub. And immediately updated my @desc to match, so when someone "looked" at me it told them that "astrobleme is 3/4 full of hot water, and <list of names> are sitting in it." After that I added commands so people could ask me to fill and "sit" in me, adding themselves to the list of people who show when someone looks at me.
I would please like to say that that is fuckin’ awesomesauce! Tigers 🐅 would have streaked to the meteor crater to bask in the hot waters and meet other more or less intelligent 🤓 beings.

What didja do when things started gettin’ ‘frisky’?

Last edited: