Slink utilities HUD stopped working

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
I have had a few problems recently with losing the settings on my Slink physique body - crashing and logging in to find my last set of alphas stored and not the one I was wearing. Now it's stopped altogether. Is this just me, or are other people having the same problem? Edited to add: after visiting VV it's sorta working, but not really responding.

Last edited:

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I have that and hate it -specifically the alpha menu that seems to take forever to load and to respond.

I have a lot better luck with Tonic, but no one really makes much for it.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
You know, I have an alt with Slink that I don't use a lot, but I noticed recently that my HUD was stuck collapsed and I couldn't get it to open at all.

Not sure if this is the same issue you are having or not.

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
You know, I have an alt with Slink that I don't use a lot, but I noticed recently that my HUD was stuck collapsed and I couldn't get it to open at all.

Not sure if this is the same issue you are having or not.
As so often in SL, something weird is happening, and it's a bit difficult to know what's causing it! I didn't find changing sims or logging in and out helped much, but it did start to work again late yesterday. It's a big disincentive to changing clothing if you have to wait ten minutes for the alpha to adjust! I've accepted experience perms on a few builds recently and I am wondering if one is interfering with the other. I know it shouldn't... but, for example, the Linden Realms HUD refused to detach after I gave up on crossing the bloody desert and TP'd home. I had to relog to get it to go away. Then when I revisited yesterday afternoon it didn't come back, I had to touch one of their terminals to get the hud back... and then it stuck like glue again. It's a big disadvatange not being able to see what is happening - and may have nothing to do with it, it's just a coincidence that I've started to have trouble with different types of HUD at the same time. Or maybe, maybe THAT is the trouble, there's something wonky with HUDs in general.

I don't use the mesh bodies so can't speak from experience, but whenever I've had really bad clothing issues I TP somewhere out in the middle of the linden ocean and strip off everything and relog. Then start adding things 1 at a time and see if they behave better. It seems to give things a better chance to load better when the viewer has less to load around you. I haven't needed it in a while, but it might help.

I dunno if the HUDs have copy permissions or what would happen if you reset the scripts in them, but that might be another option if one really isn't working. There might be all kinds of dire warnings about that, especially if it probably nukes your settings. A less risky option would be getting a redelivery to obtain a fresh HUD copy and see if that behaves better. If those HUDs have a way to backup your settings and transfer them to a new HUD that might help. Not sure if you'd have that option.

If you are having issues that might be lag related, it might also be worth looking at your settings for when you turn people into jellydolls or derender them to give your PC a bit of a performance boost. Just in case there's some new trendy mesh thing that's causing load issues.

PandoraB

I had the same problems with the Catwa animations hud, wich remained grey (and wouldnt work) when I attached it, no matter in what sim I was in. The only way to make it work again, was attach it. Log out, and then login back again, then most of the time it would rez properly.