SL Photographers on VV1?

Mark

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego, CA
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I use SL primarily for virtual photography.

I'm looking for pretty pictures & experienced photographers to follow on my social outlets, primarily Flickr.
Anyone have Flickrs they're proud to share? (If snapzilla had a follow option that would be cool ^______^)

For discussion purposes, photographer or not, what is your favorite windlight sky to use? I've been obsessed with 'Coastal Afternoon' as my go-to preset.

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Hi! As a starting point, might I recommend looking through this thread?

As far as windlights go, I like using Penny Patton's day cycle. They tend to have a little more blue in them than the base cycle, that I feel adds a little bit more of a dreamy mood to a scene. My prefered within the set would be A-3pm, mostly because it provides some nice shadow potential that can be dialled in with adjustments to the east angle and time of day.

Last edited:

Mark

Oct 19, 2018
San Diego, CA
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Hi! As a starting point, might I recommend looking through this thread?

As far as windlights go, I like using Penny Patton's day cycle. They tend to have a little more blue in them than the base cycle, that I feel adds a little bit more of a dreamy mood to a scene. My prefered within the set would be A-3pm, mostly because it provides some nice shadow potential that can be dialled in with adjustments to the east angle and time of day.
Thanks for the link! Ill take a look. I'm still pretty new to the forums and my searches were apparently not up to par. 😅

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I'm still pretty new to the forums and my searches were apparently not up to par. 😅
I think you mean they're far from the Mark. *cough*

Robert Jung

Sep 20, 2018
Tralfamedori
I'm definately interested in SL photography, but there are very few of my photographs that I'm satisfied with. I tend to rush, lose patience with the software, and get frustrated. I need to learn to chill of course but maybe if my state eventually legalizes pot, I'll suddenly start taking better pictures ;)

[ joke is joke ]

Penny Patton

Graphical Moo
Sep 30, 2018
I'm very bad at SL photography because I use optimized content, and according to people over on the official forums, if content in SL were optimized for better graphics and framerates, it would make SL photography bad.*

* Yes, that's sarcasm. But, yes, people on the official forums really did say that.