SL Avatars defeat me again

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
I tried to change my shirt for the first time in a very long time. Didn't like the new shirt, so I detached it. My skin disappeared instead of the shirt.

Detached the shirt correctly, found and attached the old shirt.

Can't for the life of me figure out how to get the skin back on.

I'm wearing a Belleza Freya body, a Catwa head, and some clothing for the body, and I've got my own shape applied. All is working, except I'm hollow. Like alpha has been applied for the whole body, except the head. The head is fine. I'm wearing the Belleza universal HUD. The alpha is how I left it, but I tried changing some things and nothing happens. The skin tone appliers do nothing.

I have "LAQ Next Level Belleza" skin appliers in three skin tones. My notes say to use these. Except that these are unscripted objects. They are grey-scale HUDs with four skin textures on them. I recognize these but don't remember doing anything with them. Right now they do nothing. They are unscripted.

Did SL break or did I do this?

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Got it. Had to attach the body again. Must have detatched it instead of the shirt the first time. Then I had to toggle all the alpha on and back off.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
A lot of clothing attaches by default to the same point as the body does. I don't know why, with all the attachment points we have now, they can't choose a different one. But usually, you can specify it to attach to another point yourself, and it will do so the next time.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Also, always, always, always, use "Add" instead of "Attach".

I kind of wish you could just toggle off the other options.
That works, of course, but I've found , with rigged mesh items anyway, that if you choose another point from the "Attach to" menu that appears to change the attach point henceforward. Handy if, like me, you forget and double-click a lot.

Last edited:

Tintamar

That works, of course, but I've found , with rigged mesh items anyway, that if you choose another point from the "Attach to" menu that appears to change the attach point henceforward. Handy if, like me, you forget and double-click a lot.
Also good it you are TPing a lot, when you have a bunch of things attached to right hand (Like a lot of rigged clothes are) you end up losing clothes and body parts on the way :p