Shows you should be ashamed to enjoy, but aren't?

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I kind of loved BH90210, the reboot-which-wasn't-a-reboot. I'm really hoping it comes back for a second season.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Hogan's Heroes.

I've watched every episode zillions of times, and each time I just fall in love with the humor and comradie of the cast, except perhaps except for Bob Crane). The fact that so many of the cast were Jewish and either escaped or suffered gives a special element to it as well.

Last edited:

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I feel that way about Vicious, the British comedy with Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi.

It's bitchy in the extreme, plays on stereotypes of gay men (at least of a certain era) and takes pot shots at the aging fag-hag stereotype, not to mention the running butt of jokes is an elderly woman with advanced dementia. And honestly, the jokes and the supporting cast are broadly slapstick rather than witty....

Despite all that, I love the show and its cheezy characters. Of course, it's hard not to be riveted by McKellan and Jacobi, no matter what they do; they portray Freddie and Stuart with such relish! Also, if two aging gay men don't mind playing two aging queens, who am I to object, eh? They are the very definition of authenticity.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Duckman. Married With Children.