WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Having no idea who "Respectable Lawyer" is, my initial reaction is that they a sickened and disgusted with a church holding readings for kids, and the books are LGBT friendly. I might have just gone with that interpretation if not for the quoted tweet being named "protect Texas kids" and having their tweet misgender the reader read the books immediately after saying what their pronouns are.

So now I assume Respectable Lawyer is saying fuck you to everyone in Texas that lead to having to have kids be read to in a safe place because otherwise their former safe places are being removed (books being pulled from libraries, etc.). Instead of saying fuck you to the church. I think.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Having no idea who "Respectable Lawyer" is, my initial reaction is that they a sickened and disgusted with a church holding readings for kids, and the books are LGBT friendly. I might have just gone with that interpretation if not for the quoted tweet being named "protect Texas kids" and having their tweet misgender the reader read the books immediately after saying what their pronouns are.

So now I assume Respectable Lawyer is saying fuck you to everyone in Texas that lead to having to have kids be read to in a safe place because otherwise their former safe places are being removed (books being pulled from libraries, etc.). Instead of saying fuck you to the church. I think.
I follow Respectable Lawyer on Twitter and I agree that "This spasm of bigoted panic" refers to the whole anti-LGBT panic that the Republicans are whipping up, and of which Protect Texas Kids' tweet is an example, rather than to the church's holding a book reading.

Willow Matthews

The party of no more ideas.

I'm sorry America. But if you don't vote them out nothing will change. It won't even shift. Not even a little bit.
I'm sorry for America.

Forget the dead kids for now. Totally fuck up the republican party with this shit about Trump. Sort that shit out.
Then get back to the dead kids and see. That nothing will change unless you vote for it in fucking DROVES.

Thank fuck we did. Australia has a labor Government again. A fucking decade of shit to undo and a party that still relies on donations from moneymakers to make that happen. But we begin to heal after fires and floods and mess and chaos.

Vote America. Vote the fuckers out. The world is changing. Vote the fuckers out.

Thoughts and prayers and all that.
God fucking Bless.

<3

Willow Matthews

And go the Greens! Awesome outcome. We voted for the planet baby.
America needs to stop killing kids so those kids can see if that's going to make a difference at all.
Might be too late. But let the kids grow up to see how it turns out.

Let them grow up Ffs. How many kids? How many families?
Less than how many guns.

<3

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'll have to think about the other two, but they definitely remind me of... something.
A truck load of Wisconsinites on their way to a Packers game who were pulled over for driving back and forth over the highway berm.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Well well, it actually can be done

• 1OMG!
Reactions: Govi

bubblesort

I favorited this video to share with people who get confused about how gas prices work. It's a good, condensed overview of the situation, for people who can't take a college course on the subject. It's good for educating people enough that they can speak intelligently about gas and inflation, if they want to (they rarely want to).

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna