WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
“His lawyer said something is going to happen to this child. You need to get him away from the mother. There are too many red flags. And the judge said, oh that is in the past,” said Deborah Vanderhagen.

The police report filed after two-year-old Killian died shows he had a previous medical condition and investigators did not believe there was evidence Killian’s mother was responsible. His dad felt otherwise and repeatedly posted criticism of the judge and friend of the court on his Facebook Page.
So the judge saw said posts, eventually he was charged with "malicious use of telecommunications services," got released on bond, continued posting, and we're now here. Garbage.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
People on Twitter talk about "Twitter jail".
If people can be jailed for "malicious use of telecommunications" a lot of them could go to jail fur real, couldn't they?
Yeah this doesn’t seem Constitutional. If someone isn’t making threats or engaging in libel/slander I don’t see what the government has to say.

A lot of judges are elected and criticizing them should be protected politics. I don’t like the sound of this at all.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I guess it depends on whether his "protest posts" crossed the line into being stalky or threatening against the judge. The article seems to suggest that the court felt they were. We don't get to see any of the posts, so there's no way to see for ourselves. But, I would point out that the guy who shot up the Capital Gazette newsroom last year spent years obsessively railing in a similar way against the judge in the harassment case he lost and the Gazette for covering the case before he carried out his mass shooting. Not saying this guy might've been a mass-shooter, but if his complaints starting turning toward the "corrupt judge so-and-so is going to pay for her crimes" end of things I can see the court taking that very seriously.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Romana

SL Rez

I heard about this on the car radio on my way home today:
So let me get this straight; they feel they have to counter a mural that's against gun violence. So that means they want to defend their right to shoot a bunch of innocent people? 🤔

• 1Facepalm
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Tigar

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤