WTF Sh*t's F*cked Up and Bullsh*t - a "Who Cares" thread for news

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
It’s worse than that. This looks like the abusive child raising methods practiced by Right wing types who believe children can be reformed by abuse. Another, better known example goes by “conversion therapy.”

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Her book is very good - also very hard to read, as she tells in detail what happened to her.

Saving Alex - When I Was 15 I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That’s When the Nightmare Began

Adults can “just leave” the church and probably should, but children are stuck in it. The church *must* be reformed. Too many young people are committing suicide, even when their parents are not actively abusive. It can be either from being unable to extricate themselves from homophobic dogmas - a tall order for a young person with little knowledge of the outside world - or from persecution and rejection by family and community.

I’m from back East, so although I was raised LDS I don’t have the insight or patience to be an effective reformist. I’ve gotten pretty good at helping adults deconvert, though. A key part of this process is entering a new, essentially foreign culture and learning to thrive there.

All the accounts I hear from people raised as conservative Evangelicals sound at least as bad as those coming from Mormons in the Intermountain West. I’ve been frustrated for years at the inability of progressives to see the dangers to our rights from Dominionist and homophobic conservatives, but that’s finally changed after the election of Trump.

People are shocked by what they’re seeing. We have other cultures in our midst than the classical liberals who controlled the country in the mid-20th century, and until we frankly come to grips with fundamentalism *as a problem* we’re going to keep losing children to their intransigence.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
As they say in my parts...

Fuggin A

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The right-wing US youth movement, "Turning Point," is attempting to spread its activities to the UK, initially backed by some right-wing Conservative MPs.

This was always going to be a more hazardous enterprise than Turning Point might have expected, since certain aspects of US "conservatism" (e.g. religiosity, anti-abortion activism, support for Donald Trump) are -- quite rightly -- viewed as electoral poison by mainstream British Conservatives.

These concerns do not appear to have been misplaced in the case of Turning Point:

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Well, in the land of "Shit's fucked up and nobody cares" I can only say to you folks to not waste your time talking to someone who goes by the moniker Naziscumfarts. You may find in their posting history some things not worth the read.

Let's just say I spent some time on Reddit. That should cover it. Good lord there are either some really, really nasty people out there or they really, really enjoy being scumlords. I don't know which is scarier. That people like these exist and vote or that people get their jollies off by being complete cunts online.

C'est la vie.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Arizona police officers taze passenger 11 times for not ID'ing himself

Body-cam footage of the entire 2017 incident has been released. It shows the police asking a passenger in a car that has been pulled over for turn-signal violation, to provide ID, incorrectly claiming that passengers in vehicles are required to carry ID, which the passenger disputes. Officers then open the door and begin grappling with and demanding the man exit the vehicle, which he cannot do because the way in which they're holding him physically prevents him from disentangling himself from his seatbealt; nevertheless, for not cooperating, he is tased repeatedly, as the police continue to demand he "stop resisting" while laying on the ground outside the vehicle, his legs still wrapped in the seatbelt.

Eventually the victim's 11-year-old son reaching over from the backseat removes the seatbelt from his father's legs, whereupon the officer begins demanding the young child exit the vehicle as well, causing the boy to start crying. The officer turns his attention back to the man on the ground, who is now handcuffed with his hands behind his back, and proceeds to pull the back of the man's shorts down and tase him in the genitals for "resisting". In total, the man is tased 11 times, despite not having done anything illegal. The officer who did all the tasing received a 30-hour suspension.

The news site link contains the video of the entire incident; it's pretty difficult to watch.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Arizona police officers taze passenger 11 times for not ID'ing himself

Body-cam footage of the entire 2017 incident has been released. It shows the police asking a passenger in a car that has been pulled over for turn-signal violation, to provide ID, incorrectly claiming that passengers in vehicles are required to carry ID, which the passenger disputes. Officers then open the door and begin grappling with and demanding the man exit the vehicle, which he cannot do because the way in which they're holding him physically prevents him from disentangling himself from his seatbealt; nevertheless, for not cooperating, he is tased repeatedly, as the police continue to demand he "stop resisting" while laying on the ground outside the vehicle, his legs still wrapped in the seatbelt.

Eventually the victim's 11-year-old son reaching over from the backseat removes the seatbelt from his father's legs, whereupon the officer begins demanding the young child exit the vehicle as well, causing the boy to start crying. The officer turns his attention back to the man on the ground, who is now handcuffed with his hands behind his back, and proceeds to pull the back of the man's shorts down and tase him in the genitals for "resisting". In total, the man is tased 11 times, despite not having done anything illegal. The officer who did all the tasing received a 30-hour suspension.

The news site link contains the video of the entire incident; it's pretty difficult to watch.
Wow. I watched the video and you were right. It was difficult to see that level of abuse of power, in particular the tazing of his genitals, which was pure sadism. The cop in question only getting a three day suspension is a travesty. He should not be a police officer.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Great. The tazing incident happened close to where I am.

This next one caused a death in Phoenix.
Naked man Tased by Phoenix police dies two days later

Tasers are a *problem.* It's clear police don't use them ethically, and I think they should be banned. There are too many incidents like the two above. There are even examples of tasers used on people already in jail.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Great. The tazing incident happened close to where I am.

This next one caused a death in Phoenix.
Naked man Tased by Phoenix police dies two days later

Tasers are a *problem.* It's clear police don't use them ethically, and I think they should be banned. There are too many incidents like the two above. There are even examples of tasers used on people already in jail.
Not taking away from the fact this illustrates widespread abuse of power rampant in our police force, but I would rather it be with tasers than with guns. Neither is good, but at least one has a better chance of surviving the taser.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Romana

SL Rez
The right-wing US youth movement, "Turning Point," is attempting to spread its activities to the UK, initially backed by some right-wing Conservative MPs.

This was always going to be a more hazardous enterprise than Turning Point might have expected, since certain aspects of US "conservatism" (e.g. religiosity, anti-abortion activism, support for Donald Trump) are -- quite rightly -- viewed as electoral poison by mainstream British Conservatives.

These concerns do not appear to have been misplaced in the case of Turning Point:

So the extermination of Jews, Roma, LGBTQIA, are all just fancy with her if Hitler had only kept it in Germany.
It always amazes me when POC sort out condone Nazis. Surly if they'd been a big enough demographic in Hitler's Germany, POC would have been on the but list, possibly first?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So the extermination of Jews, Roma, LGBTQIA, are all just fancy with her if Hitler had only kept it in Germany.
It always amazes me when POC sort out condone Nazis. Surly if they'd been a big enough demographic in Hitler's Germany, POC would have been on the but list, possibly first?
I forget where, but I saw a thread on Twitter recently that argues she's simply working her grift -- making a pretty good living from telling white (predominantly male) conservatives what they want to hear a black woman saying. It's a similar grift to Milo's, before he blew it.