Sending to Snapzilla

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I've been trying to increase my use of Snapzilla, but at crucial moments when i'm taking images - i'm unable to send on to the website using the slpics email. It's really intermitant and quite frustrating. Has anyone else exprienced this or is it a known thing?

The usual reason is that the server is unreachable.

Sid

Most likely on a coffee break.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
I just tried it and it works seamless for me.
Although you have to wait a few minutes before the picture shows up in Snapzilla.
Did you use the right e-mail address? pics@slipics.com

While at it: My new home at Mando Coast taken today (via Snazilla of course):

Last edited:

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
You mean pics@slpics.com?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Yes i'm using the correct email address. it's really hit and miss for me. sometimes i've been taking pictures to save to disk at a much higher resolution, then want to save a version directly to Snapzilla too and i change the settings... it then doesn't work. I thought it was osmehting to do with that, so tried to replicate today by logging in and out with the email settings saved, but that didn't seem to work on first attempt either. About a minute after i took the above screen shot the email went with no problems. but someitmes i've tried and it hasn't gone after 6 attempts.

I can't repeat the problem to suggest what's changed on my end. So i was wondering if there were any server issues around the time i took this pic?

Great pic of your houseboat Sid. Love it :)

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Hopefully your ISP isn't transproxying your email or something creepy like that.

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Grr... and just tried again. See screen grab:

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Hopefully your ISP isn't transproxying your email or something creepy like that.
Sorry, i wouldn't know about that or how to change it if it did. I doubt it if it works sometimes though?

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
FYI that is SL's service failing, not the Snapzilla site. One thing I have noticed depending on your resolution and image quality settings, their postcard sending can fail at times. Allison had to turn hers down a bit at 4k resolution under settings (the tab next to the one where you fill in the email). Try adjusting your settings there to see if it helps.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I thought emailed snapshots were sent directly from your computer.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I thought emailed snapshots were sent directly from your computer.
No the send email feature sends out postcard emails, which are sent out by SL's servers. The postcard includes the image and metadata like the avatar name, sim name and location. Snapzilla parses thoses emails and extracts the image and metadata.

You can also upload images directly to Snapzilla, but not through email.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
No the send email feature sends out postcard emails, which are sent out by SL's servers. The postcard includes the image and metadata like the avatar name, sim name and location. Snapzilla parses thoses emails and extracts the image and metadata.
Wait, it actually uploads the image and then sends it out again? I thought that metadata was set by an SMTP sender in the SL client. Dang.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Wait, it actually uploads the image and then sends it out again? I thought that metadata was set by an SMTP sender in the SL client. Dang.
Yes, it is done server side - it uploads to their server and then it gets sent out as email. When I first launched Snapzilla, LL tried to co-opt it. They were grabbing images that were being sent to it and showing them on secondlife.com until I complained.

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
FYI that is SL's service failing, not the Snapzilla site. One thing I have noticed depending on your resolution and image quality settings, their postcard sending can fail at times. Allison had to turn hers down a bit at 4k resolution under settings (the tab next to the one where you fill in the email). Try adjusting your settings there to see if it helps.
Thanks Cris, yes i thought it could be that, so i never do anything more than around 2500px width. It still doesn't work everytime. I'll have to hunt for a Jira to complain to.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Thanks Cris, yes i thought it could be that, so i never do anything more than around 2500px width. It still doesn't work everytime. I'll have to hunt for a Jira to complain to.
It seems to be the quality as well that affects it- this is how I have mine set. Current Window uses the full resolution.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Govi and OrinB