See how a modern neural network completes your text.

Tracer

Enter any bit of text into this AI and it will write more based on your input. Talk to Transformer

Here's one of mine, with the prompt in bold. Post your best ones.

Smoke on the water, and fire in the sky, a long-distance blast of sound and smell from the north. The smell of burning, the sound of fire, the taste of burning.

Then he saw the sky darken. It took a moment for him to figure out what was happening. Then the world fell away, leaving only the smell of burning and the sound of smoke. The sea was black in the air, as though the sun had not been there. It was so thick that it cut through the air to his feet, which were mere centimeters above the surface. He fell. He fell. He fell. The world went black.

It was a few moments before he realized that he had not fallen, that he had been falling and falling and falling, and that the earth was falling with him.

Tracer

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

The only time he gets mad at me is when I accidentally let him pee on my new carpet. I swear, he never apologizes.

The only time I ask him to leave my house is if he's been playing with another cat. He seems like the type of person that will just leave.

I think I've already mentioned how my cat is so cute! He looks like a small, fluffy version of a cat! (But he's not. He's a guy.)

I love how he loves to play in the garden (he's not super tall, so it's not all that hard to make him climb trees or anything), and the fact that his paws are so long, I feel like I could hold them in my hands!

My cat seems like a very well-adjusted cat, and he gets along with all the other cats, rats and humans.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
. You and I both know that I don't take it well, either. Maybe we shouldn't have been eating it in the first place. I can't recall the last time I took a piece of chocolate cake to bed. I don't think I've ever gotten through the first few minutes of a good movie. And even if I do, I'm not sure I would have much trouble sleeping at all. I've had nights where the movie went on too long. I can't stand a lot of drama. I can't stand people trying too hard. I don't like to think too hard. I like to just enjoy the moment. So, yes. I'm not sure I can sleep with a piece of chocolate cake in my mouth tonight. I think I'd rather have a glass of wine.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Some enchanted evening, as the snow gently falls from the sky, I am alone, in a quiet home. I look into the kitchen, and see the light from the oven. It is already well into winter, and the snow still continues to fall. The fireplace glows white, the chimney fills with the warm air, and the candles on the mantelpiece are glowing brighter than ever before. The kitchen is warm and cozy, and the house smells of roast meat and baked bread.

I hear the soft footsteps of a man, and look up. He's young, with brown hair and blue eyes. He's wearing a simple black T-shirt, and I wonder if he is the husband I have been married to for almost 10 years. I don't know him well, and it feels as if I am a stranger in my own home.

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Though aware of our rank and alert to obey orders, watching through binoculars the movement of the grass for an ambush

, I took my place in the line, and was at the mouth of the ditch, when I was suddenly shot in the arm, and fell dead. In this manner the German troops rushed forward, and with great force cut the way through, in which the entire line was completely overwhelmed. When it was all over, there was no one left alive to speak of, nor any traces of the dead, except a few mangled bodies which could be picked up by our patrols. At this time there was nothing in our way but a river, a deep, narrow ditch, which led us to the shore, the enemy having left his positions in a mass on the shore, and in some cases all around us were piled up, dead and wounded. The river was filled with debris and the water muddy and

Imput text is the first two lines of Ode by WH Auden. Considering how coherrent (and relevant to the themes of the poem) the supposedly generated text is, I'm a little suspicious tbh.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I didn't think I'd ever return to Paris again. The night air was thick with danger. I hadn't even planned to see my father before my departure. I only knew that I needed to, but my father had been such a terrible father. If I was to have any hope of making it back, I needed to be able to look my father in the eye, and to know that it was the last time I'd ever see him. It was, in a way, the only thing that had prevented me from running away, to have run off with someone else. But I wasn't that person anymore. I had no place left to go. I didn't know what I could do. And it was so dark outside.

I couldn't sleep. It was a cold night, but I was so restless. And so, in the end, alone, I left my room

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
I hope that our few remaining friends
Give up on trying to save us.
I hope we come out with a fail-safe plot
To piss off the dumb few that forgave us.

And if we don't have such a plot
We won't try to save anyone.
I hope we end up in the hole we've dug for ourselves.
I hope that the pain of our death
And their lives' unending grief
Can make us realize that we're just like them.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
We crossed the line. Who pushed who over? It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me. We're cut adrift, but still floating. I'm only hanging on to watch you go down, my love. If you'll have me, you'll make it through this. We will be together, one day.

And I know this is hard, but I'll do anything to make you come back to me, to save you. I know it doesn't feel right to tell you the truth, that this is what we've always done, but if you want to know what happens to me when you're in trouble…it's worse. And it's harder. I'm sorry, my love. I don't want you to lose me, but if you want me, I'll be there for you.

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it all going to end?

Where do I end up?

The sun will be a thing of the past, or the sun will never rise again. There will be a great darkness and darkness will be the name of my land. I will say the darkness will consume all. No longer will there be light, or I will never know the light, but if you see the stars, then I'm sure you've seen the darkness.

I will have no one left to love. No one left to say good-bye to. I will no longer be known as The Lightbringer.

I will go out into the world and fight for my life, and I will destroy all the darkness with my hands. I will kill and kill, until the darkness dies. I will kill and kill until it's gone.

And then there will be a new, fresh, young sun. A new day will come and the darkness will die and be reborn, but you

Tracer

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. The place I was in, the world I was in, was a little grey but mostly white. The ground was cold, and the air was a little crisp from the wind. I was in the middle of a grassy field, and a few trees had already sprung up nearby. The sky was blue, and I could see a few flakes of snow flying around. A faint rustle of leaves and twigs indicated a bird was just taking off. It wasn't an animal, I was sure of that, but I'd never seen one fly so close to me, or at least so close in the winter that is. I glanced up, a little uncertain. There was a flash of white before a long, thick shaft of light illuminated the animal. It was a dog, tall and muscular, its head tilted to one side. It was wearing what appeared to be an expensive looking suit, and its tail was wagging as it walked

A lot of these stories stop just when they're starting to get interesting...

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Well, now I know where Trump gets his speeches. And, by the way, I never heard of a speech like that in my life.

I have never been involved in any kind of a campaign. It's never happened before. I don't know what you guys have heard, but I was just in a meeting with the head of the American Civil Liberties Union, and he's like, "There's been no case like this. We can't do anything. We're just going to file a request to have the speech reviewed by an outside group."

And that's what happened. They took it, looked at it, took notes, and sent it to an outside group, and we got the video. And that's what you're seeing.

The problem is that all of this — and there have been problems before — it's not going to be over, and he's going to keep trying to distract. And we will see that he keeps trying to distract.

(It really does read like one of his speeches)

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
It was a dark and stormy night. We had the whole world to hide behind us. We were scared shitless," said the victim, the daughter of a retired police officer. "As far as the police were concerned, there was nothing they could do about it."

Two weeks ago, the girl was returning home from a friend's house with her cousin. The two women stopped near a bus stop to pick up some belongings. The girl was wearing a headscarf and a headlamp. She stood in a bus shelter when two men suddenly ran towards her. They punched and kicked her before taking off with her phone and purse.

"They were shouting at me, saying that I was a prostitute and that I'd been with a boy," the girl said. "The police told me that they would come to me."

The police were never able to arrive. "They told me to go back to my home and stay there until the police arrived," she said.

Edward Bulwer-Lytton was right.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Well, the program is made by Democrats. That's perfectly clear:

How can one believe that everything is fake news except one channel on tv?

How can one believe that some of these events are staged?
The Russians had many things that they tried to put on camera that are in the video. These are just a few of them.

I am sorry, but people that think this is all fake news just need to look in the mirror.

It is now clear that Trump has committed treason, and he should be impeached immediately.
The most important thing to do is to hold Trump accountable. There are many reasons why he is unfit for office, but if the truth can be revealed, then that is what should be done.

SL Rez
SLU Posts

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Well, the program is made by Democrats. That's perfectly clear:
Looks like they're English to me:

Every journey starts where you are. In the UK, you can be almost anywhere. Get a free, no hassle quote for your next UK journey with Rough Guides.

Our award-winning network of Rough Guides covers all of England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man. Our expert staff have a wealth of industry experience which is reflected in all of the advice you'll find on our website.

If you're in the UK and looking for a tour operator with a wide range of tours and packages, we hope you'll choose Rough Guides as your preferred travel companion.

Booking your UK tour through Rough Guides?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Bah, I was going to do "A Dark and Stormy Night".

In accordance with prophecy, I am writing a book. In it, I'll tell you the future — of the world, as it will be, and of the heroes who will be born to it, and the paths they will choose, and the mistakes they will make, and the decisions they will make, and how all of it will play out. It is a book, and it is called, A Song of Ice and Fire."

"I do not think you know the future. And even if you did, you cannot tell me the future, or I will kill you, just as surely as I killed the Mad King. You may not know, but I know." He smiled, and the smile vanished. "If you are not prepared for what comes, you are not prepared for anything."

He looked at her. "A book. A story. Not an epic or a tale, but a tale."
OK, let's try Snoopy's version.

It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a shot rang out! This was very odd, so I hurried out. There was a man who had a black sword in his hand, and a white tiger in his right hand.

"Oh my, it is you! Are you afraid of me?" the tiger asked in a low voice.

"I, I am not afraid of you, for you are my brother!" the man replied and tried to step forward.

The tiger glared at him and said, "The black sword is my brother's sword. If you attempt to harm him, I will have you killed!"

"But why do you attack me? You could have just let me be."

"I don't let anyone have his way! If you do not respect my right of the road, I will have to kill you!" the tiger said and moved to block the man.
That's almost literature.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Once upon a time Al Bundy, Pamela Anderson and Donald Trump went together into a strip bar. Then Al Bundy said those legendary words to Trump: 'Let's have sex,' he said, and Trump said 'Yes. Let's have sex,' and it turned into a threesome!

• 1LOL
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Once upon a time Al Bundy, Pamela Anderson and Donald Trump went together into a strip bar. Then Al Bundy said those legendary words to Trump: 'Let's have sex,' he said, and Trump said 'Yes. Let's have sex,' and it turned into a threesome!
This is a terrifying image. :eek:

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mines sad:

Walking down the road in the eerie calm of the aftermath of the hurricane, my wife and I stopped to look at a row of tall, gray buildings on the far side of the road. It seemed the building were not on the road, they were actually on the top of the hill, on the other side of the road. The road was empty of people.

We walked over the top of the hill, and found ourselves standing on a rooftop overlooking the city. As we looked out at the city, I wondered if this was the best place we would ever get to see the city. It was definitely the best place to take the kids.

It had been a few days since I was in the city. I didn't know much about it, but I did know that the majority of people in this town had no clue where their home is. The people of Puerto Rico were literally wandering around in a state of shock. Everyone was so scared of everyone else that they didn't know who to turn

:cry:

• 1Sad
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

We were all on mushrooms and I'm not sure if it was the mushrooms, but I began to feel very tired. My brother said, "Come on, let's go to the beach." He was right. We made it to the beach and I felt very sick. I felt like I was going to pass out. It was almost an out of body experience. I began to hallucinate and my vision was very black and white. I thought I was in my old bedroom in San Francisco. There was this man standing there in the corner. I was trying to get away from him. He was following me. I couldn't get away. He was following me very closely. We were at this beach in California. This is the time in my life that the most disturbing thing happened.
Hmmm ... not one word about bats. Needs work.

• 1Scared
Reactions: Rose Karuna