Second Winter Swagginator Hunt

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Looks like LL started another Hunt and forgot to announce it ...
Get the Hunt HUD here.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Khamon

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
I did it with a friend lastnight, it's way to simple this year. last year, was a heck of a hunt. this year. everything is basically right after the teleport and the gifts are cute, but feels a little rushed.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I did it with a friend lastnight, it's way to simple this year. last year, was a heck of a hunt. this year. everything is basically right after the teleport and the gifts are cute, but feels a little rushed.
Linden Realms is still broken, the new Linden Homes are still not enough for everyone, EEP is still not out, the migration to thr cloud is far from complete, ... I am not surprised they don't have time for a proper hunt. Besides that it is as easy as SL16B's Swaginator. The new format was introduced there for the first time.

Humiliating side note: The hunt items now get delivered by Caspervend, IMHO no smart choice when they try convinving us that they work on their own inworld vending system right now.

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
Linden Realms is still broken, the new Linden Homes are still not enough for everyone, EEP is still not out, the migration to thr cloud is far from complete, ... I am not surprised they don't have time for a proper hunt. Besides that it is as easy as SL16B's Swaginator. The new format was introduced there for the first time.

Humiliating side note: The hunt items now get delivered by Caspervend, IMHO no smart choice when they try convinving us that they work on their own inworld vending system right now.
Yeah I noticed that too. the caspervend made me chuckle, I'd kinda hope that system would intergrate at some point, as it's been super reliable, but I've seen a e2 system that was self hosted that I never got to buy and wish I had gotten it.

Ellie

Heretical Raccoon Skunk with a Rainbow Pootbeam
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Linden Realms is still broken...
That it is! On 19th Nov (in S E Asia) it went down & has been out of commission ever since.

Not really great timing with holidays ahead.
No official mention of this anywhere I can see.

Rumors abound; below the Portal you can see two partially completed new portals, one premium & one for us plebs.
I hear we must use a new HUD to combat cheating when it reopens. I'm sympathetic to LLs problem but wonder what will be foistered upon us now.

The 'new' version of LR opened 'bout a year ago is pretty enough & with a decent AO such as the one that comes with WoO gatcha animals you can swerve, dodge, & jump well enough to enjoy the game. Wish LL would consult the creator of this hud!

I fear we will end up with some horror of a HUD in the upcoming version , since paying avis to bounty cheaters has not worked out so well (quel suprise).

/me Rant off

Edited to add that I'm very grateful to LL for the LR game and the fun me & a few friends have enjoyed there, but supremely frustrated when I see LL appear to shoot themselves in both feet to combat cheating.

Last edited:

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I fear we will be forced to wear some... HUD in the upcoming version to combat cheating , since paying avis to bounty cheaters has not worked out so well (quel suprise).
I thought that was a rumour? There was this crazy girl who kept yelling at me to report me to LR Linden who she said offered her a bounty (obviously said person was just way to stupid to use jump and the spacebar and considered everyone who used it a cheater) - as LR Linden seems to be an administrative account I really really doubt she talked to him/her.
As for users reporting cheaters... well I did so for free in the past. But after the braindead behavior the Lindens showed repeatingly in the Official Forums I stopped doing so. Dear LindenLab, get your inhouse problems fixed before asking for external help please! The whole governance process is a mess. Just like you could cry "witch" in medieval times when you didn't like someone at LL you can cry "abuse". Report a person often enough and eventually a governance Linden will agree with you and punish the "culprit"... I wish they had more consistency in handling abuse reports (and replacing the governance team with trained professionals would not hurt either).

Rumors abound; below the Portal you can see two partially completed new portals, one premium & one for us plebs.
There has always been a second portal down there, but the split version is new - interesting...

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Ellie and Brenda Archer

Ellie

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
I thought that was a rumour? There was this crazy girl who kept yelling at me to report me to LR Linden who she said offered her a bounty (obviously said person was just way to stupid to use jump and the spacebar and considered everyone who used it a cheater) - as LR Linden seems to be an administrative account I really really doubt she talked to him/her.
As for users reporting cheaters... well I did so for free in the past. But after the braindead behavior the Lindens showed repeatingly in the Official Forums I stopped doing so. Dear LindenLab, get your inhouse problems fixed before asking for external help please! The whole governance process is a mess. Just like you could cry "witch" in medieval times when you didn't like someone at LL you can cry "abuse". Report a person often enough and eventually a governance Linden will agree with you and punish the "culprit"... I wish they had more consistency in handling abuse reports (and replacing the governance team with trained professionals would not hurt either).

There has always been a second portal down there, but the split version is new - interesting...
Sry I edited out what you quoted to be less critical, since LL kindly provides this free game & I do enjoy playing it, especially scince the last redo.

Sounds like your experience was very similar to mine re accusation of cheating.

I jump a lot; my avi's a short arse so i jump to see ahead, etc, etc. I was up above her in a tree and dropped down to claim the blue she was heading for - fair dos, its a competative game - and she blew up, followed me, yelled in local, sent me a screenshort of a previous L$200 bounty...on and on...really just an awful experience. She objected to my jumping, claimed I flew & for a min I was worried I could get banned.

I ARed her ass.

ETA Someone told me that NeoBokrug Elytis made the WoO AO I love so much, ty, its a gem!

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Same here, I liked playing it a lot and I even would totally understand if they stop handing out free money because they don't consider it worth it. I never understood the hatred towards the LindenLab employees either, but ever since April's new continent drama the Linden's behaviour got really weird. Then came price increase, Tilia, and now MP fee increases... the closing of LR just fits the picture.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Ellie

Ellie

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2010
SLU Posts
Hope not, that would be agreat shame, but it wouldn't be the first time an arena I'd inhabited for years were to vanish, either LR or LL.

Btw, LR Linden was a person at one time - met him in the old LR.

Patch Linden, the badass, rode fireballs in that version & I thought I was cool for sucesssfully riding a sentinal, dammit !