Scanning for breedables

Mechanical

SL Rez
When LL added more land to premium, I jumped in and got a parcel in an adult sim. I paid 3$L/m3, I didn't think about the pricing at the time until after I bought it. Second week there when I could spend more then a few minutes, I noticed rhythmic lag. Been too busy with life so months passed. I finally combed the sim until I found a skybox packed with butterflies. Now that that story is out of the way, I'm looking for a list of breedable names I can punch into object search when i check out potential sims when I move in a few weeks. I'm not really keen on spending a half hour peeking into every sky box if I have a lot of sims to check out. Any suggestions?

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Search breedable and variants on marketplace and you'll get a pretty good clue of the main names in the game.

PS: You'll likely have more comeback on this type of annoyance if you rent from a landowner that has exception clauses for breedables and over use of shared resources in their covenants. It's one of the watchouts and choices you make when you buy mainland.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Sid and Beebo Brink

Summer Haas

Scripted Agent
SL Rez
Scan all you want, but on mainland there's nothing preventing this from happening at any moment. The only way to avoid it is renting on a private estate or owning an entire sim.

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
To stop breedable scum, grind script time to a halt and wait for them to stack heap. Happy hunting! Go rid sl of lag!

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Scan all you want, but on mainland there's nothing preventing this from happening at any moment. The only way to avoid it is renting on a private estate or owning an entire sim.
Exactly, you can scan all over and find the perfect sim with no lag .... then one day a new neighbor randomly starts a horse farm or something.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Sid and Brenda Archer

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I do not allow breedables in my sim. We are currently full though.

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Is it OK if *I'm* a breedable? Well, for now.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: NeoBokrug Elytis

Sid

Life happens. Coffee helps.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
I'm not going to find a 2048m3 private sim parcel for 7 USD a month. :D
True, but what is it worth when you get for more than 50 USD a month of annoyance in your sim?

NeoBokrug Elytis

++post_count;
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
To stop breedable scum, grind script time to a halt and wait for them to stack heap. Happy hunting! Go rid sl of lag!
That's not going to work, and if it did whatever breedable stack-heaps because of scripts not being executed deserves it.

Additionally griefing an entire region to punish one offender is stupid. You're not helping anything and actually contributing to the problem. You CAN file an AR to report people using too many resources in a region.

To contribute something worth-while to this thread, private estates that disallow breedables are where it's at. Mainland is a free-for-all, and while you can find a parcel on a region one day with no breedables in it, two weeks later you could have a new neighbor who's into whatever is popular.

Mechanical

SL Rez
Somehow I managed not to get suspended or banned over the years. I enjoy SL enough that I'm not going to take a risk and have LL get off it's duff and suspend/ban the account that gives them slightly less money.

Gear

Genuine Imitation Riku Android
Days like this I'm glad I'm nestled in a cluster of small residential plots surrounded on all sides by empty clubs.

Qie Niangao

Coin-operated
SL Rez
I'm looking for a list of breedable names I can punch into object search when i check out potential sims
That seems like the long way 'round the barn. What you really care is the Scripts Run percentage, which you want to be as close as possible to a stable 100%. If there's ample Spare Time in the simulation frame, even better.

It does still seem to be that the majority of script lag on Mainland is due to breedables, but anecdotally the plague seems to have peaked. I'm guessing most of the Ponzi scheme idiots finally got the message that they were the greater fools, and what's left seem to be mostly hoarders. Anyway, I have definitely seen sims with script-on-script lag due to other products (including non-breedable critters and, weirdly, some XPOSE-scripted furniture, which still mystifies me). So it's both easier and a more general solution to look for the trouble itself rather than trying to detect a host of possible root causes.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
The sim I'm on has a breedable policy, but the ones they do allow are the meeroos, they dont cause much fuss and since all of mine are mee-pets. (I'm still collecting ones people dont want lol) they are allowed to stay.

nebula

NOPE
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That's not going to work, and if it did whatever breedable stack-heaps because of scripts not being executed deserves it.

Additionally griefing an entire region to punish one offender is stupid. You're not helping anything and actually contributing to the problem. You CAN file an AR to report people using too many resources in a region.

To contribute something worth-while to this thread, private estates that disallow breedables are where it's at. Mainland is a free-for-all, and while you can find a parcel on a region one day with no breedables in it, two weeks later you could have a new neighbor who's into whatever is popular.
I haven't actually griefed anything since like 2009, I did accidentally get a couple horses on someones parcel when testing bugs to report to sec, but I paid the person for them :)

EmpressOfCommunism

Too Cute for Capitalism ❤️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Some of breedables lag depends on how old the item is, what it is made out of(Mesh? Sculpt? Some have modes that make the creature into a single prim image with minimal scripting), and how it is scripted. Breedables can be done responsibly just like any other SL hobby. It's far more useful to look at multiple causes of sim lag, particularly on mainland.