pc Satisfactory Game!

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

(made on: Satisfactory Tools )

HMF's are always kind of a pain in the neck, especially when you have a lot of alternate recipes to pick from.

My last HMF factory ran sorta like this... (was a game where I had already unlocked all the alt recipes).

It needed -SO MANY SCREWS- that I just gave all the 'Bolted Frame / Plate' assemblers their own dedicated Steel Screw maker (built underneath so I could connect their output to the assembler's input with an elevator)

unrelatedly... I think one of the things I love about starting over in Satisfactory is coming up with names for each run:

Caprica (from Battlestar Galactica)
Vormier (from Avengers: Infinity War)
Altair IV (from 'The Forbidden Planet')
Barsoom (from John Carter of Mars)
Perelandra (from C.S. Lewis's sci-fi trilogy)

Next one will probably be Aiur (protoss homeworld in starcraft)

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
The production planner at [SCIM] Satisfactory Calculator is extremely useful for planning factories. I'm currently tearing apart my Reinforced Iron Plate factory now that I have some more efficient alternate recipes.

My big problem is I don't automate soon enough. I'm like "ooh, new shinies" but I need like 8 million parts that I craft by hand to get them. :beatup:

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
Speaking of said retooled factory:
89 Reinforced Iron Plate / Production planner / [SCIM]

That's the max I can get out of a single pure iron node with a Mark 3 Miner. I'm planning ahead though: currently I have only Mark 2 miners and Mark 3 conveyors. I plan to build only the buildings I need for now and leave extra space to add more once I tech up a bit.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
As much as I like SCIM... u4.satisfactorytools.com tends to serve me better. Granted, I can't use the 'import save' to have it figure out which alt recipes I have. I prefer to set up the mergers/splitters/manifolds/balancing myself, so a simpler graph helps me visualize/plan my space better.

For example your 89 RIPs per minute with the two alt recipes you have would look like this :) :

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sean Gorham

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
My big problem is I don't automate soon enough. I'm like "ooh, new shinies" but I need like 8 million parts that I craft by hand to get them. :beatup:

Yeah I haven't perfected that art either. It's a balancing act. There are some cases, especially early on, where it is just loads more efficient time-wise to craft the stuff you need by hand in order to tier up or something like that, because setting up the automation would take you hours. But yeah there's definitely a point after which that's never true anymore.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There are some cases, especially early on, where it is just loads more efficient time-wise to craft the stuff you need by hand in order to tier up or something like that, because setting up the automation would take you hours.
Saw someone on reddit lament that his partner was always making stuff manually where he was always automating stuff and she got to the unlocks way before he did as a result. lol =D

I haven't the patience to stand at the craft bench ker-chunking away on some part (even though you can just hit space and walk away if there's a lot to make). I always automate if I can. Even if it's -slow- and badly balanced with only one of each sub-part maker limping along.... I can run off and find hard drives while it works and, often, find a number of those parts lying around crash sites while I'm doing it.

I put off seriously automating a new part until the point at which I need it to automate a newer part.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I've gotten to the point where I think I'm spending more time on reddit telling other people how to fix their problems in satisfactory than I am actually playing the game. /eyeroll

Seems to happen with so many games I play, one way or another! :D

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
I am not worthy.

Warning: don't watch this if you ever want to look upon your own factory builds with a sense of hope ever again. :p

• 1OMG!

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
How very Krell

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Every time I think I want to try to try for a replica of something real world in Satisfactory I:
1) find out someone's already done it and
2) remember that no one comes to visit my game anyway, so meh.

Latest one I wanted to try making was the George Pompidou Museum of Modern Art in Paris...
but alas...

(and they were much more detail oriented than I would have been. muttergrumble)

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm still playing Satisfactory regularly.

They've been leaking some shots of map/terrain updates which look amazeballs...

And they recently dropped an awesome sneak peak from Update 5. (Definitely Play With Sound, it's worth it!)

... for more on update 5, don't check out update5.satisfactorygame.com, Coffee Stain Studios' sense of humor is sometimes a bit dated. ;)

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Josh is back! And he found a way to get rid of nuclear waste the developers probably didn't expect to be in the game, amongst other things. He also found the locations "GIMME GOODIE" and "SENDIE OFFIE", and built some water pipes. Well, only some.

Last edited:

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Josh is back! And he found a way to get rid of nuclear waste the developers probably didn't expect to be in the game, amongst other things. He also found the locations "GIMME GOODIE" and "SENDIE OFFIE", and built some water pipes. Well, only some.

That actually got me to buy the game.

My toaster couldn't handle that much crazy, but I'd still trigger anyone with OCD with an horribly ineffecient and half-lined-up mess of machines.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
No real amazing new machines and materials like in Update 4, but there's some GOOD stuff in here. Cosmetics aplenty, and also some very useful changes to vehicle systems.

SL Rez
SLU Posts

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Been having fun with Update 5 today...

Zooping and the Customizer are so much nicer!

Looks like the green power slugs turned blue this update. :) Chainsaw seems bugged at the moment, and maybe the flow indicators on pipes as well. (water pipes used to have blue indicators, now they're kinda black/void-ish). The game has crashed on me once so far, while in the background when I saw idle enough that it had auto-saved a few times, so nothing lost there.

I'm mucking around with a fresh save in the dune desert until they push this to early access. Already up to coal power. Not really rushing, I want to unlock the new cosmetic features gradually rather than all at once, so that I don't suffer option-paralysis. :)

Not sure if this shows up for ya'll, but here's a screenshot I liked from my last update 4 factory. I built my starter base -in- the spider swamp just for a little more challenge. ;) The 10 reactor ring on the left recycles all its own waste, and there's no radioactivity outside the ring to worry about.

• 1Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Looking good! I'm probably going to start a new game of my own tomorrow. They have done a visual upgrade of the northern forest so I'm considering starting there.

• 1Like