Right Wingers Are Triggered By Razor Ad

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Harry's Had the Best Response to Corporate Bullying

As you may have heard, Gillette recently launched a website claiming “most guys leave Harry’s after trying it.” They also offered guys a free Gillette razor in exchange for their stories as to why they left us. At the same time, they apparently started buying key search terms on Google like “Harry’s” so that when you searched for us, the website claiming “most guys leave Harry’s” was the first thing that popped up. It was a nice little ad campaign.

The Lie

The problem is that the central claim in the campaign is not true. Contrary to Gillette’s claim, most guys re-order from Harry’s after trying it.
Sorry for the Libertarian web site, I was searching for corporate reaction to the Gillette ad.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
What I love about this is, he knows he can't actually flush the razor, so WE know for a fact dude actually had to reach into his toilet water with his hand to pull that out after taking the photo.
My first reaction.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

I love this guy. I usually agree with him, and even when I don't, its only a matter of different opinions. He did a follow up to this, but I haven't watched it yet, either, so not going to share it.
I love him too, thanks for bringing him to my attention, Aribeth. But wait did he just say that there were feminists who had a problem with the ad? ffs It's a good message if big greed is pushing it then that's two steps in the right direction, I say.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I love him too, thanks for bringing him to my attention, Aribeth. But wait did he just say that there were feminists who had a problem with the ad? ffs It's a good message if big greed is pushing it then that's two steps in the right direction, I say.
Yes, but there is some serious cynicism in doing these kinds of ads. Nike made a billion dollars off of Kaepernick and yet they donated a shit ton of money to the Republican Party.

https://www.theroot.com/nike-donates-millions-to-republicans-while-making-billi-1829277228

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Never trust corporations. Unless you are one.

Jopsy Pendragon

Moral Compasses get confused at the North Pole.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Where are the beardless in the anti-Gillette crowd? Do they even use razors?

I mean on something other than their backs.

GoblinCampFollower

Man protests ad targeting toxic masculinity by displaying toxic masculinity. I guess in bizarro world, that makes sense. :rolleyes:
I'm always so baffled when someone brags about their insecurities with no self awareness. I see different versions of this all the time. Often enough, they seem to think they are making a moral point.

The way some of these guys are triggered I think we need to rename it toxic insecurity. They're so easily triggered, I'm not sure I'd put them and "masculine" in the same article. Certainly not after the fallout about vegan sausage rolls got them going recently. I'd be happier if they weren't allowed to buy guns and arm their children though.

On a lighter note, it's going to be awkward when those boys get old enough for their first razor...

GoblinCampFollower

The way some of these guys are triggered I think we need to rename it toxic insecurity.
That might be a good idea. Seriously. "Toxic masculinity" kind of sounds like it could be a compliment. It's kind of like how some of my anorexic friends have said that being told they were "too skinny" was actually flattering to them didn't inspire them to change. Or why Obama refused to call terrorists "Muslim extremists." People who aren't right upstairs are insulted and flattered by different things.