Jopsy Pendragon

Make Racism Wrong Again! Build a Wall Around Trump
Sep 20, 2018
Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 15 2004
SLU Posts
The right basically defines masculinity as behavior that is toxic.
Then they claim to be the only ones entitled to act that way.

And when called on it? They claim their opposition is "emasculating them".
And then prove it by throwing the biggest crybaby hissyfit.

American Men, rub some dirt on it and grow the fuck up.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
Sep 24, 2018
Flori-duh
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Of course right wing men would consider anti-social behavior as being the definition of masculinity.

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
SL Rez
Joined SLU
But aside from that will the ad help anything?

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
Sep 20, 2018
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
What I love about this is, he knows he can't actually flush the razor, so WE know for a fact dude actually had to reach into his toilet water with his hand to pull that out after taking the photo.

Sep 21, 2018
SLU Posts
What I love about this is, he knows he can't actually flush the razor, so WE know for a fact dude actually had to reach into his toilet water with his hand to pull that out after taking the photo.
I have a box of latex gloves for icky tasks.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I have a box of latex gloves for icky tasks.
Yeah but if you were a REAL manly man and not a beta soyboy lib SJW you'd man up and stick your ungloved man-hand right down in there!

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
But aside from that will the ad help anything?
Systemic change is pretty much never the result of one single act; rather it's the result of hundreds, thousands, or even millions of tiny events, all piling on top of one another, in very much in the same way that time and wind can eventually tear down a mountain.

So yes, it is unlikely that this single ad campaign will have a noticeable individual impact. That, however, is unimportant because as a part of a steady cultural shift, it will change everything eventually.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018
So yes, it is unlikely that this single ad campaign will have a noticeable individual impact. That, however, is unimportant because as a part of a steady cultural shift, it will change everything eventually.
I agree. I think the majority of adults want to behave in a way that they think their culture accepts. It's good to spread the impression that this is "just what you do" to the masses of people who want to fit in, but maybe wouldn't think deeply on why other people feel that way.

...that said, I do think there will always be an undertow of contrarians who thrive on being the "rebel" bigots/sexists/what not. Not much we can do about that other than to try to minimize the damage they do.