[RFC] "This mad sexual brainwashing must be resisted"

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
offtopic, tat conservative woman co uk is actually lovelly

The Midweek Hymn: O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing

teh hymen, mah English is rather rustie, thingie appart

That site is definitely a trip down a rabbit hole. I didn't know there was such a thing as LGBT beer, for example.
(Same article says there was a time before LGBT, which the ancient Greeks and Romans would probably dispute).
Just more of those people who were born too late, and would have been infinitely happier burning witches.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer
Articles like this make me think it's even more important that we have compulsary sex/relationship education. Sometimes it's the parents, not teachers who are likely to indocrinate the children and cause them to believe a whole lot of toxic crap.Some adults have the misguided belief they're protecting children, where a healthy understanding of relationships/good and bad interactions/internet safety etc actually protect the children from a lot of potential abuse. Education is there to help prepare children for the world they're growing up in, not an idealised fantasy world that never existed in "ye old days".

Sadly I think some of these children will end up home schooled and hope they don't manage to drop off the radar. It's really important they get the right education and someone checks up on them regularly to be sure they're well cared for too.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Articles like this make me think it's even more important that we have compulsary sex/relationship education. Sometimes it's the parents, not teachers who are likely to indocrinate the children and cause them to believe a whole lot of toxic crap.Some adults have the misguided belief they're protecting children, where a healthy understanding of relationships/good and bad interactions/internet safety etc actually protect the children from a lot of potential abuse. Education is there to help prepare children for the world they're growing up in, not an idealised fantasy world that never existed in "ye old days".

Sadly I think some of these children will end up home schooled and hope they don't manage to drop off the radar. It's really important they get the right education and someone checks up on them regularly to be sure they're well cared for too.
It's always a danger but in a case like this, even assuming the children's parents are in a position to home school their children, while they have a right so to do in the UK the local council also have the right to check on the child's progress and general welfare.

They will exercise this right and they can and do successfully ask the courts to order parents to send their children to a regular school if the court agrees with them that this would be in the child's best interests, having regard to all the circumstances in the case.

• 1Thanks
It's always a danger but in a case like this, even assuming the children's parents are in a position to home school their children, while they have a right so to do in the UK the local council also have the right to check on the child's progress and general welfare.

They will exercise this right and they can and do successfully ask the courts to order parents to send their children to a regular school if the court agrees with them that this would be in the child's best interests, having regard to all the circumstances in the case.
I realise there are professionals who can get access to check children are ok and report problems. My concern is that some areas have high caseloads, staffing issues and budget cuts to contend with. The safety net probably isn't as strong and reliable all over the country.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I realise there are professionals who can get access to check children are ok and report problems. My concern is that some areas have high caseloads, staffing issues and budget cuts to contend with. The safety net probably isn't as strong and reliable all over the country.
Very true. I suspect, though, in the Birmingham case, at least, this is likely to be seen as a de-radicalisation issue as much as anything else.

I'm pretty sure that there are funds available to support monitoring homeschooling that might be used as a cover for religious and political extremists to indoctrinate their children.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
i seem to be unable to find the first talk

"No video, slides only" apparently.

The text seems terribly brief though, for a whole lecture. Maybe it's just the summary.

Aha...
Sometimes the speakers turn their lectures into short published books; in my case, I had just written a book that fit well into the topic, so I spoke about the ideas in The Big Picture. Unfortunately the first of the five lectures was not recorded, but the subsequent four were. Here are those recordings, along with a copy of my slides for the first talk. It’s not a huge loss, as many of the ideas in the first lecture can be found in previous talks I’ve given on the arrow of time; it’s about the evolution of our universe, how that leads to an arrow of time, and how that helps explain things like memory and cause/effect relations.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

detrius

Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
I had a Panini for lunch today - Bacon, Brie and Pineapple. Much to my surprise it was absolutely delicious !
Try panini with pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese - it's so simple and yet divine.

I think I'll look for an electric grill on Amazon Prime Day this weekend.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I had a Panini for lunch today - Bacon, Brie and Pineapple. Much to my surprise it was absolutely delicious !
(desperately searching for a place that will serve that in this area)

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
(desperately searching for a place that will serve that in this area)
If you have a 10" cast-iron frying pan you're in business; no fancy "panini toaster" contraption necessary.

Use the cast-iron as a weight on top of your sandwich as you grill it.

Cast-iron skillet: $13 at Wally World. Cooks almost everything, easy to clean, easy to store. Mine gets used almost every day.
Panini toaster/"indoor griddle": $30 at Wally World (Or $150 and up at Williams-Sonoma, if you're into pain.) Obvious drawbacks.